packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Wasn't expecting this (timing more than choice).  While he was the guy I selected as my choice in the other thread, don't LOVE or dislike the hire.  Have some optimism and like the hire though.

While last season is a little concerning for me when looking at LaFleur's coaching career (only season he called plays), it's hard to ignore his previous success with Goff, Ryan, RG3 and Cousins.  Love that he's been influenced by McCoy and K. Shanahan as I think they are 2 of the brightest young offensive minds in the NFL.  

Not overly concerned about his lack of interviews this year.  Mike McCarthy wasn't a hot coaching candidate the year we hired him and he was almost hired last year by the Titans.  I think I'd rather be a little early on a young innovative coach than a year late. I'd imagine that the teams that didn't hire Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan when given the opportunity regret not taking advantage of the opportunity.  

Edited by SSG

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Is this dude the Nebraska Zac Taylor? Dude's gotta be way younger than me. Crazy

Yup.

Here’s the quote, from the “Joe Arrigo of cyber-information”, Wikipedia:  ( ) - : #

"Zac Taylor is an American football coach and former quarterback who is the quarterbacks coach for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League. From 2005 to 2006, he played college football and was the starting quarterback for Cornhuskers football team at the University of Nebraska.

And with all due respect to Arrigo, I’m afraid wikipedia has more veracity as an info source.  

This just in: Zac Taylor is interviewing for the HC job with the Cardinals

Edited by JQ1

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Wasn't expecting this (timing more than choice).  While he was the guy I selected as my choice in the other thread, don't LOVE or dislike the hire.  Have some optimism and like the hire though.

While last season is a little concerning for me when looking at LaFleur's coaching career (only season he called plays), it's hard to ignore his previous success with Goff, Ryan, RG3 and Cousins.  Love that he's been influenced by McCoy and K. Shanahan as I think they are 2 of the brightest young offensive minds in the NFL.  

Not overly concerned about his lack of interviews this year.  Mike McCarthy wasn't a hot coaching candidate the year we hired him and he was almost hired last year by the Titans.  

I'll miss your rants about McDaniels.  They were truly....special.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I'll miss your rants about McDaniels.  They were truly....special.

I'm not going to miss typing them.  I look forward watching that sleeve ball fail elsewhere because it's going to happen :)

Edited by SSG

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Anyone know how his offenses have done vs Fangio/zimmer defenses?

Well if you're referring to "his" offenses, his stint with TN was the first time he'd called plays and they didnt play either team.
So - the answer is "Incomplete" :)

Oh - well correction. They lost to MN in the preseason - which doesnt count.

Edited by Leader