packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Bold hire for you guys, I bet they liked his energy and ability to communicate. I think these things are really underrated in the modern NFL with Mellianial players. Keeping Pettine was a good move as well. I'd be interested in seeing who his QB coach and OC are. 

This is the script for most teams now, find the young OC guy and pair him with your QB.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

One 3-4 hour interview and they made their minds up. WTF. I don't agree with that at all.

You get him to come to Green Bay, show him around, get a feel for him in this environment, introduce him to Rodgers and the staff, talk more in depth regarding the staff, players, salary cap, vision, life, family, contracts etc... Really get a good feel for that person and THEN make your decision.

I think they well regret making their decision so quickly.

Not if he knocked their socks off and they were worried about somebody else snapping him up first.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not that it matters one single iota, but outside of Green Bay, this hiring has a lot of folks scratching their heads, for varying reasons.

I like that the hire keeps making more and more sense as information rolls in. 

I was ready to like the JMD hire but don’t feel disappointed it came out differently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Do we have an actual confirmation that Pettine is staying somewhere?  

No! Apparently Pettine was on his candidates for DC list he gave them during interview, but ultimately it is his decision on his coaches. I think he's got enough on his plate and would do well to keep a guy who has been a HC and can handle those responsibilities so he doesn't have to worry too much about them. 

I just hope Zook was not on his list of special teams coaches. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

We don't need to complain about arrigo anymore lol we all know.. We knew for a decade

No joke, I was arguing with some guy on FB about something Packers related and he called in his buddy for backup. Bet you can't guess who it was!!

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do we have an actual confirmation that Pettine is staying somewhere?  

No confirmation but it’s beinf reported that LeFleur had Pettine on his list of potential DC’s and since he’s already under contract, it’s very likely he sticks. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

No! Apparently Pettine was on his candidates for DC list he gave them during interview, but ultimately it is his decision on his coaches. I think he's got enough on his plate and would do well to keep a guy who has been a HC and can handle those responsibilities so he doesn't have to worry too much about them. 

I just hope Zook was not on his list of special teams coaches. 

If Zook stays, the deal is off, lol.

• Like 2