packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Many consider Graham and Montgomery as ascending defensive coaches and we all know about Joe Whitt, so I'd be stoked to bring them all back.

If I have to sacrifice James Campen to get an offensive staff that's more than just Mac's friend group that has no chance of ever seeing an external promotion, so be it. Time to bring in and develop offensive minds and when we lose them, do it all over again.

26 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Bold hire for you guys, I bet they liked his energy and ability to communicate. I think these things are really underrated in the modern NFL with Mellianial players. Keeping Pettine was a good move as well. I'd be interested in seeing who his QB coach and OC are. 

This is the script for most teams now, find the young OC guy and pair him with your QB.

According to Gallup, Millenials are those born between 1981-1997 IIRC

Rodgers is on the old end of millenials in that case and our draft picks will be kids born in 1996-1998... holy shid. 

1 minute ago, Dsibly said:

How in the world do you know this?

I agree.  Pure speculation.  There are a whopping 8 coaching openings and LaFleur almost got hired last year by TN.  If they liked him they couldn't afford to wait.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Many consider Graham and Montgomery as ascending defensive coaches and we all know about Joe Whitt, so I'd be stoked to bring them all back.

If I have to sacrifice James Campen to get an offensive staff that's more than just Mac's friend group that has no chance of ever seeing an external promotion, so be it. Time to bring in and develop offensive minds and when we lose them, do it all over again.

Firing campen would piss me off. If there's anyone you don't fire...

Then again I remember when he was the best known coach for us because he was the most hated. 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jay Glazer‏:

Matt LaFleur did something very rare this year for an offensive coaching candidate. Instead of being pass-happy to build up his name as an HC candidate, he ran the ball a ton and played more to protect the ball.

(All you "MM's too conservative" folks are gonna be real happy!)  :)

Running the ball isn't de facto conservative. Not if you're using it inventively to set something up aside from more runs. Titans had fewer rushing att than the Rams, Saints, and Pats, FWIW. 

Just now, Norm said:

Firing campen would piss me off. If there's anyone you don't fire...

Then again I remember when he was the best known coach for us because he was the most hated. 

I'd love Campen back, but if LaFleur wants his own offensive staff so be it. A downgrade at OL coach for an upgrade everywhere else is a fair trade off.

• Like 1