packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

6 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

According to Gallup, Snake People are those born between 1981-1997 IIRC

It was pretty funny last year when Big Draft was talking about Josh Rosen as the "quintessential snake person" when he barely squeaks in (Feb 1997) depending on who you ask (some people put the cutoff at 1994 or 1996.)

But we're only a couple drafts away from having to rely on stereotypes of Gen Z (or whatever) players, whatever those are.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Running the ball isn't de facto conservative. Not if you're using it inventively to set something up aside from more runs. Titans had fewer rushing att than the Rams, Saints, and Pats, FWIW. 

Exactly. ML is also on record saying that he believes in today's NFL you need to hit on the big play and can't just always just dink and dunk.

11 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I like keeping Pettine but I don't like reading this lol. I'd hope LaFleur's willingness to keep Pettine wouldn't have had any role in hiring him. Should strictly be what they felt was the best candidate

Exactly. I feel the conversation re: Pettine should have been along the lines of 

"We really like Mike Pettine as DC. Would you be open to interviewing him for the position?" 

"Yes, of course. Mike's a great coach, I'd be thrilled to sit down and see if we can work together." 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd love Campen back, but if LaFleur wants his own offensive staff so be it. A downgrade at OL coach for an upgrade everywhere else is a fair trade off.

Touche. It feels better hearing it that way. Would just hope if ANYONE is retained it's him. He has to be one of the more highly regarded ol coaches along with the NE old man

Just a couple things from a Titans fan who watched every single snap of our team last year:

He definitely showed his inexperience as a play caller during his short time with the us. Hopefully he can grow from it and be better at it with you guys - I'm sure Rodgers will be able to mask the deficiencies he hasn't grown from yet. 

Expect a lot more Shanahan concepts than McVay concepts in his offense.

He absolutely refused to abandon the run, even if we were down multiple scores and the run needed to be abandoned.

As for the Derrick Henry side conversation I've seen going on, he was essentially benched for Dion Lewis before the bye week because he was playing so awful. He was not running with any authority and would pretty much go down the moment contact was made. Over the bye week he sought out advice from Eddie George and to put it short, Eddie basically told him he was running like a *****. He was running very well before his explosion against Jacksonville.

• Like 6

Just now, SSG said:

I agree.  Pure speculation.  There are a whopping 8 coaching openings and LaFleur almost got hired last year by TN.  If they liked him they couldn't afford to wait.

I followed all 8 HC openings very closely and kept a running record of all interview requests and interviews.

LaFleur only had one lined up. With us. Since we had no competition we could've easily taken more time to make a better informed decision.

Last year his Titans interview was reported in the media for a head coach gig but in reality the interview was actually for a coordinator gig.

If hiring LaFleur was only because he was willing to keep Pettine then that is terrible thinking. You hire the best head coach and worry about the rest later.

• Like 1

Just now, pacman5252 said:

From reading the Titans board, they are more upset Mariota has to have a new OC again and thought he was meh

not sure mariota is all that good at the position.  Sucks he keeps getting hurt before they can see him for a full 16 games.