Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

It looks like Kliff Kingsbury resigned from USC to take NFL head coaching interviews. In the unlikely event that he doesn't land one of them, he'd probably be my #1 target.

Edit: Glazer had said Kingsbury must have resigned from USC, but it looks like USC decided to let him take the head coaching interviews. So he's still on their staff.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

I’d target Mark Helfrich. Don’t think he calls plays as I believe Nagy does. So that would be a promotion much like LaFleur was. Nagy would have to sign off obviously. Former Oregon HC who coached Mariota. The conn3ction is there

Came here to say this. Think you need to get someone Marcus is familiar with, try & help the kid out 

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’d target Mark Helfrich. Don’t think he calls plays as I believe Nagy does. So that would be a promotion much like LaFleur was. Nagy would have to sign off obviously. Former Oregon HC who coached Mariota. The conn3ction is there

I would've taken Helfrich last year. Didn't even think about him not calling plays in Chicago. That'd be a perfect set up for Marcus.

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

I’m all for Mark Helfrich if he coached Mariota. What were Mariotas numbers under him? any resemblance to the chiefs offense would be dope. Anybody that’s willing to spread it out would be my top choice 

He coached him his whole career. HC for the final two years at Oregon for the Heisman and NC game. A lot believe Kelly built that though so who knows.

2 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I would've taken Helfrich last year. Didn't even think about him not calling plays in Chicago. That'd be a perfect set up for Marcus.

I was half joking on the other thread when I mentioned Frost and Helfrich... but I also didn't know he wasn't calling plays at Chicago.  Doubt we get lucky with that "promotion" twice in a row... but definitely worth looking into.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He coached him his whole career. HC for the final two years at Oregon for the Heisman and NC game. A lot believe Kelly built that though so who knows.

Idk why I only thought he coached him for 1 year.. I think his famliarity with Mariota would help a lot with learning a new offense. And it would be something he excelled in at one point 

Archived