Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

Can someone fill me in on the appeal of Todd Monken? I mean I know they put up decent offensive numbers this season, but it doesn't appear as though he did anything special for Winston, and they still finished 5-11. How many of those stats were Fitzmagic and how many were garbage time? 

Some homers can be swayed by anything lmao...

Arthur Smith was the guy I thought about if we were going to promote anyone. He’s a hell of a TE coach. Doesn’t make him the man for the job but I can see him hired due to them wanting continuity. Could be an up and coming star. Could be a dud. Who knows

19 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

Can someone fill me in on the appeal of Todd Monken? I mean I know they put up decent offensive numbers this season, but it doesn't appear as though he did anything special for Winston, and they still finished 5-11. How many of those stats were Fitzmagic and how many were garbage time? 

Offense produced points this season. A lot of vertical shots if I recall correctly. They didn't have a running game tho. 

I read the MCM article on Smith, too. Reading it made me thing of the rationale as to why we hired Munch as our HC

he's been exposed to a lot of coordinators and schemes and all that, cool. let's pair Mariota up with Arthur freaking Smith in his most critical year, because he's an experienced playcaller with a clear POV that aligns with what's best for Mariota and our offense.

18 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I actually wouldn't mind Caldwell. Another one of those guys similar to Hue Jackson that is a much better coordinator than Head Coach though I didn't think he was terrible as the head man in Detroit.  It'd also be nice to have an OC that we can have stick around for several years and build with. Guys like Caldwell and Hue have already flamed out twice as HCs, so the likelihood of them getting another HC job is pretty slim. It'd be great for our offensive staff long term in that regard. 

I'm all over this for this reason alone...

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

I’m a broken record, but promoting Arthur Smith to OC would just be absolutely crushing to me

it would show that we don’t learn from our mistakes, a la Munch and Mularkey. This hire is too important to screw up. Hiring smith would be damn near unforgivable. This isn’t the time to “reward him for all his hard and good work.” It’s not. We need a real OC to come in and fix our offense. Not to run a charity case and give a guy his chance, even if he has earned it. 

I'm all for coaches that have worked their way up the ladder getting bigger roles and opportunities, but I don't think we're currently in the right situation to do that as a Franchise. I'd rather not have an OC that's completely learning on the fly in a do or die season for our QB. Way too risky of a move when you think about the repercussions it could have on our Franchise as a whole.  

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m a broken record, but promoting Arthur Smith to OC would just be absolutely crushing to me

it would show that we don’t learn from our mistakes, a la Munch and Mularkey. This hire is too important to screw up. Hiring smith would be damn near unforgivable. This isn’t the time to “reward him for all his hard and good work.” It’s not. We need a real OC to come in and fix our offense. Not to run a charity case and give a guy his chance, even if he has earned it. 

Prepare yourself.

I've been saying for us to just let Marcus design and run his own offense.  Take the current playbook and design his own scheme from all the systems he's played in these past 4 years.  Combine plays from LaFleur's, Mularkey's, and Whiz's offenses (or not),  and maintain some consistency.  Then Vrabel can hire an OC to collaborate with Marcus on situational plays.  At this point, why the Hell not?  He's smart enough to run it.

I'd choose Mike Munchak as the new OC, if he dosen't land a HC job.  I want him back in the fold.  It's still a promotion from position coach, and he can really help fix OUR O-line once again. 

A name I came across. 

Karl Dorrell. 

Former UCLA head coach. Houston Texans QB coach under kubiak. Broncos head coach under Shanahan. 

Vanderbilt OC in 2014. Currently Jets Wr coach. 

Not a name that will get you hype. But a new voice with experience in this system. 

Archived