Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

24 minutes ago, 615finest said:

It’s crazy that we haven’t been rumored to anybody. Who’s in playoffs that we would have interest in?  Maybe that’s what we are waiting on. It’s not that much to discuss to Atleast bring in somebody for an interview 

Not one connection

Why are people surprised, this has been standard Titans practice on front office moves since they’ve been in Nashville. National media has virtually no ear into the Titans FO. So when you see national guys reporting things, they’re getting the info from agents, not the Titans. Or they’re just talking out of their rear like Jason LaCanfora. It could just be that the front office stresses confidentiality in their dealings with agents. This same frustration will pop up during free agency when the lack of ‘rumors’ will lead fans to assume the front office is not making moves.

the only guy who ever felt had a reliable ear within that team was Jim Wyatt and the Titans deaded  that years ago by hiring him.

45 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Why are people surprised, this has been standard Titans practice on front office moves since they’ve been in Nashville. National media has virtually no ear into the Titans FO. So when you see national guys reporting things, they’re getting the info from agents, not the Titans. Or they’re just talking out of their rear like Jason LaCanfora. It could just be that the front office stresses confidentiality in their dealings with agents. This same frustration will pop up during free agency when the lack of ‘rumors’ will lead fans to assume the front office is not making moves.

the only guy who ever felt had a reliable ear within that team was Jim Wyatt and the Titans deaded  that years ago by hiring him.

I don't think anyone is suprised. Just commenting on the landscape of the process. 

Nobody expected them to name someone OC the next day from what I see.  

It isn't unreasonable to want to hear a rumor or two, even if it is floated by the agent. 

I would think the most of us are bright enough to know they aren't just sitting at the facility playing video games, eating chips. 

They are working through their process and evaluating their options. 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

It’s crazy.. makes me think it’s gone be an in-house promotion 🤦🏾‍♂️ And that would be so uninspiring.. it’s either in house or we’re waiting on somebody in the playoffs

Fans won't be happy with whoever it is. Even if they "love" the hire. Give it a week. Lol 

I don't care if we are inspired or not. Vrabel has a good status with me when picking staff. I feel like all out position coached did a good job with their groups and getting them prepared, given iinjuries. So whoever Vrabel picks, I'll assume he knows what he doing. 

He already has an HC from his "tree." So we shall see lol 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Fans won't be happy with whoever it is. Even if they "love" the hire. Give it a week. Lol 

I don't care if we are inspired or not. Vrabel has a good status with me when picking staff. I feel like all out position coached did a good job with their groups and getting them prepared, given iinjuries. So whoever Vrabel picks, I'll assume he knows what he doing. 

He already has an HC from his "tree." So we shall see lol 

Vrabel needs to replace our OL, & WR coach though my opinion 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Vrabel needs to replace our OL, & WR coach though my opinion 

I mean when you think about the WR spot what did they not do?
You have Davis, Taylor, Sharpe, Batson and Jennings.  Sharpe and Taylor both were hobbled a good portion of the year. Sharpe is an 3rd or 4th WR. Taylor despite his injuries and drops still improved statistically, doubling his receptions and yardage.
At one point in multiple games we were depending on Davis, Batson and Jennings as our WRs.  Or Nick Williams.

OL I think was the weakest group, but you have an injured Conkin, that never got right and a game where we didn't have both OTs and won a game with our 4th and 5th OTs (Kelly was out).
And Kelly had his best year as a Titan.

I can see replacing the O-Line but I don't think it's needed unless you have a clear upgrade like Munch. And I think WR is fine given his personnel. 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I mean when you think about the WR spot what did they not do?
You have Davis, Taylor, Sharpe, Batson and Jennings.  Sharpe and Taylor both were hobbled a good portion of the year. Sharpe is an 3rd or 4th WR. Taylor despite his injuries and drops still improved statistically, doubling his receptions and yardage.
At one point in multiple games we were depending on Davis, Batson and Jennings as our WRs.  Or Nick Williams.

OL I think was the weakest group, but you have an injured Conkin, that never got right and a game where we didn't have both OTs and won a game with our 4th and 5th OTs (Kelly was out).
And Kelly had his best year as a Titan.

I can see replacing the O-Line but I don't think it's needed unless you have a clear upgrade like Munch. And I think WR is fine given his personnel. 

I miss Russ Grim 😩

Archived