Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

9 minutes ago, 615finest said:

so there’s that 

said this on twitter -- this is the same type of BS that fans were fed to convince us that Munch would be a good HC

look, smith might be the next Bill Walsh. but "oh he handles meetings well"...lmao 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

said this on twitter -- this is the same type of BS that fans were fed to convince us that Munch would be a good HC

look, smith might be the next Bill Walsh. but "oh he handles meetings well"...lmao 

Munch wasn’t a bad HC he only got 2 seasons the problem was his OC Palmer was a idiot & Our OL couldn’t block 4 Sh!t

36 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Munch wasn’t a bad HC he only got 2 seasons the problem was his OC Palmer was a idiot & Our OL couldn’t block 4 Sh!t

Munch was an abysmal head coach. We looked extremely unprepared more often than not. He lost to the winless Colts for pete's sake

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Munch was an abysmal head coach. We looked extremely unprepared more often than not. He lost to the winless Colts for pete's sake

I definitely wouldn't hire him as a HC again, but I never had that much disdain for Munchak. He went 9-7, 6-10, and 7-9 in 3 seasons. 

I know that's far from impressive, and I was ready to move on at the time as well, but in hindsight, I think the fans are a bit harsh on his tenure as HC, almost to an irrational level. Not much success was ever going to be had with the likes of Jake Locker, Chris Palmer, and especially Ruston Webster, who pretty much helped us to the biggest void of talent this franchise has seen since coming to Tennessee. Didn't we go like 4 seasons without having a player selected to the pro bowl at one point? All things considered, I think Whisenhunt was far worse.    

29 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

I definitely wouldn't hire him as a HC again, but I never had that much disdain for Munchak. He went 9-7, 6-10, and 7-9 in 3 seasons. 

I know that's far from impressive, and I was ready to move on at the time as well, but in hindsight, I think the fans are a bit harsh on his tenure as HC, almost to an irrational level. Not much success was ever going to be had with the likes of Jake Locker, Chris Palmer, and especially Ruston Webster, who pretty much helped us to the biggest void of talent this franchise has seen since coming to Tennessee. Didn't we go like 4 seasons without having a player selected to the pro bowl at one point? All things considered, I think Whisenhunt was far worse.    

good points. we've had some super untalented teams until JRob came in

23 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Sean Mannion? Lol  as in the Oregon State QB!? Lmao that’s what I call a rumor 

And current Rams backup QB. There's our McVay connection boys! We've finally figured it out. And he's still in the playoffs so that's why we're waiting to announce it 😂

11 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

And current Rams backup QB. There's our McVay connection boys! We've finally figured it out. And he's still in the playoffs so that's why we're waiting to announce it 😂

JRob is playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers. Nobody else thought of getting the McVay offense this way!

I truly thing Arthur Smith is getting the OC . And I wouldn’t mind it at all . I just hope that we hear the decision before the Senior bowl . I can’t think of a candidate from the 4 teams still playing that would make more sense for Matiota’s development. The only man that was around to see what worked for him in multiple systems should be the one taking over the OC job. Now if we can just draft a true FB , maybe Derrick Henry finally becomes the RB we hoped we were getting. 

1 hour ago, Abdoulaye said:

I truly thing Arthur Smith is getting the OC . And I wouldn’t mind it at all . I just hope that we hear the decision before the Senior bowl . I can’t think of a candidate from the 4 teams still playing that would make more sense for Matiota’s development. The only man that was around to see what worked for him in multiple systems should be the one taking over the OC job.

The longer this goes, the more I think they're not going in house. If they are going in house, there's obviously no rush as neither candidate is likely to be offered an OC position outside Nashville. But why wait... There's no benefit there. Smith or O'Hara probably need a much time as possible to develop/adjust a playbook. 

My focus has been on Kafka and Carmichael... But I overlooked Carmichael's sidekick/QB coach, Lombardi. Not only has he worked with Payton and in that system for a few years (which has become a heavier run scheme in the past couple years, in mind with what Vrabel may prefer), but he also has OC/playcalling experience. 

He's from an article from Brian Martin at The Star highlighting 5 candidates to replace Linehan in Dallas:

Joe Lombardi, the grandson of Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, isn't on a lot of people's list as a potential offensive coordinator candidate, but probably should be. He does have one year of experience as an OC in the NFL, but that was with the Detroit Lions in 2014-2015 and we shouldn't count that against him. No play callers last long in Detroit since Matthew Stafford took over as their starting QB.

The reason I really like Lombardi as a potential Scott Linehan replacement is because of the time he spent with Sean Payton and Drew Brees in New Orleans. Minus the one year in Detroit, he's been with the Saints since 2007. The majority of that time was spent as the QB coach to one of the best ever played the game.

I've been trying to figure out a way to get Sean Payton back as a Cowboys coach for the past several seasons without any success. Turning to someone he's personally groomed could be the next best thing. He was there through all of Drew Brees' numerous passing records and his Super Bowl victory. He has also help develop Taysom Hill into the playmaker he's become this season. He could just be the guy to take Dak Prescott's game to the next level.

Archived