Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The odds favor this hire being a rookie OC again. Or new to the NFL. 

I honestly don't see Deflippo or Gase. 

If I'm not mistaken we had a shot at flip and didn't even interview him. 

Game is toxic to a culture right now in my opinion. He wants a head job and I wouldn't trust him on my staff. 

College ranks, OC given play calling duties or a QB coach/position coach moving to OC for the first time. 

Wouldn't mind Gase. I honestly think he'll eventually get another shot at it and get it right the second time. Wouldn't mind if he spent a year or two here, in the process. Other than that, I'm not really accustomed to some of the names you guys are throwing around.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The odds favor this hire being a rookie OC again. Or new to the NFL. 

I honestly don't see Deflippo or Gase. 

If I'm not mistaken we had a shot at flip and didn't even interview him. 

Game is toxic to a culture right now in my opinion. He wants a head job and I wouldn't trust him on my staff. 

College ranks, OC given play calling duties or a QB coach/position coach moving to OC for the first time. 

Man... I dint even know what I want at this point. Do I want someone who could likely end up one and done again... Or do I k for someone who may not get that hc opportunity for at least a couple years. 

The Lafleur signing just looks bad right now. There was not noticeable progress by Mariota (that was expected in year 2)...and he's gone after a year... It's like a wasted year of development. 

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nagy might not let him go. But Ragone has to be let go? If he wants. Because of a promotion. 

Any team can deny any non HC request. Teams wont normally stop the possible promotion of one of their coaches unless they have immediate plans for a promotion themselves or if a coach isn't interested and just doesn't want to publically say so. 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The amount of devastation the fans get if he just promotes Pat O'Hara?  

Does the guy have any experience with anything. LaFleur was tasked with developing Mariota and designing and play calling an offense. But Mariota didn't develop as expected... So what'd the qb coach do exactly? 

There's the famiarity angle... But that's not always a good thing if there's not much value behind it. I don't see it with O'Hara 

3 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I’ll be the one to say it: 

LANE (looks around) KIFFIN!! *runs and hides 👀

Lol

Lane was in local radio actually today oddly enough. Talking about college championship and Saban. 

Said he is happy where he is and learned not to chase jobs as he got older. 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

I just can’t help but think this will put the eventual nail in Mariota’s coffin

the guy never had a chance here. We didn’t let him 

Yeah. It another reason or excuse, depending on your view, to not know what you have in him. 

Not to mention Corey Davis, Derrick Henry, Jonnu, and Taylor. All who seem to need time to adjust and learn what to do. 

Also our line. 

Bad look for everyone. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. It another reason or excuse, depending on your view, to not know what you have in him. 

Not to mention Corey Davis, Derrick Henry, Jonnu, and Taylor. All who seem to need time to adjust and learn what to do. 

Also our line. 

Bad look for everyone. 

The Mularkey hire was a domino effect. As much good as our franchise has done the last three years in comparison to the previous 10, AAS meddling in team affairs did more harm than good 

No DeFillippo...just...no...

Is anyone affiliated with the Saints a contender? I mean honestly I see some of the stuff they do on offense and I think thats more the direction we need to go. A QB coach under Sean Payton can come in here and do his own thing in the vein of what New Orleans does...man that could really work.

EDIT: Joe Lombardi is their QB coach...and has OC experience...

4 minutes ago, capton_cutclass said:

No DeFillippo...just...no...

Is anyone affiliated with the Saints a contender? I mean honestly I see some of the stuff they do on offense and I think thats more the direction we need to go. A QB coach under Sean Payton can come in here and do his own thing in the vein of what New Orleans does...man that could really work.

EDIT: Joe Lombardi is their QB coach...and has OC experience...

No to flip for me too. Got fired for not running enough. 

Not that I want to be running every down, but Henry is here and needs to be used. 

And we didn't even look at him last year for our opening. 

About New Orleans, it seems nobody leaves there from the offense. So I don't even look there anymore. 

20 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m just throwing names out there what about Jim Bob Cooter? He’s been a hot commodity the last few years plus how fun would it be to say that name all year?

I haven't heard very good things about him

Archived