Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

42 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That's fine to think about, until we think about our offensive line. Can they give anyone that time to throw downfield. Would need to change up those interior guys.

That is very true. Hopefully we upgrade the interior no matter who we hire for OC.

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think my top pick would be Soctt Loeffler from Boston College. He is their OC. I like how their offense runs.

I could see Marcus doing a lot of this stuff with Corey Davis, Walker and Henry making plays too.

He recently took the head coaching job for Bowling Green.

Ryan Day would've been perfect. Some variation of the power spread offense similar to the one OSU runs would've been the best of both worlds, as far as playing to Mariota's strength and playing the style Vrabel wants.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He recently took the head coaching job for Bowling Green.

Ryan Day would've been perfect. Some variation of the power spread offense similar to the one OSU runs would've been the best of both worlds, as far as playing to Mariota's strength and playing the style Vrabel wants.

Oh really? Crap. 

Oh well. 

OC's that would come from outside of the building that should help continuity:

1. Aaron Kromer- OC for the Bears 2013-2014. Coached running backs and o-line for the Saints. Was Interim for the Saints in 2012.
2. Kevin O'Connell- QB Coach for Washington. Played for Patriots in 2008. From Knoxville.
3. Matt Cavanaugh-  OC for Washington.  OC for the Bears, Steelers, and Ravens (Pees connection).
4. Rick Dennison- OC for the Broncos and Bills. Currently run game coordinator for Jets
5. Mike Denbrock- OC for Cinncy. Was the OC for Norte Dame when Matt Lafleur was there.
6. Zac Taylor- QB Coach for the Rams

I have to say that if we go with another ball control pound the rock 55% of the time on first down and rely on a QB to stand in the pocket and deliver a 3rd and 7 pass consistently...we need to trade Marcus, and sign Flacco as a short term, and draft a QB next year.

LeFleur did not taylor the Offense to Marcus' strengths, so if we are not going to target someone who will everyone will be happier if we fully turn the page.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I have to say that if we go with another ball control pound the rock 55% of the time on first down and rely on a QB to stand in the pocket and deliver a 3rd and 7 pass consistently...we need to trade Marcus, and sign Flacco as a short term, and draft a QB next year.

LeFleur did not taylor the Offense to Marcus' strengths, so if we are not going to target someone who will everyone will be happier if we fully turn the page.

Flacco won’t be a FA so...

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I see them trading him before that happens.

I'm sure they'll try but he's 34 and overpaid. If we don't wanna give Mariota that much, I don't know why anyone would want to give him that much and lose draft picks. Coming off a year where Lamar Jackson replaced him, whereas Alex Smith was coming off the best year of his career.

I think he's cut. Jags are the only trade fit I see and they didn't want to make a play for Cousins last year, who I think is better.

Guess he may not be a free agent...but he won't be in BAL next year. Anyway I was more using Flacco as an example of a big statue deliver the ball type guy for a year or two.

BTW my prefrence is to get an OC that utilizes MM's abilities...since even if he doesn't pan out...the trend is heading that way.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Benjamin Allbright on Twitter says to keep an eye out on George Godsey.

Just playing the "throw out a random name that Vrabel has worked with before" game, I imagine.

I mean for all I know it is Godsey, but I don't think Allbright has ever shown any connection/insider info to the Titans.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Benjamin Allbright on Twitter says to keep an eye out on George Godsey.

George Godsey enters his second season with the Lions and first as the team’s quarterbacks coach. He joined the Lions coaching staff in 2017 as a defensive assistant following a two-year stint (2015-16) as the Houston Texans’ offensive coordinator and one season as the team’s quarterbacks coach (2014). Prior to Houston, he spent three seasons with the New England Patriots, starting as an offensive assistant in 2011 before coaching the tight ends from 2012-13.

https://www.detroitlions.com/team/coaches-roster/george-godsey

Archived