Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

My thought would be that playing to Marcus’ strengths would also be playing to the vast majority of college QBs strengths. So even if Marcus is gone in a year, any QB you draft is likely going to be pretty familiar with spread/power spread concepts.

21 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

I still think it's a very long shot we go that route, but Will Grier is the only QB I'd even consider touching in the 1st round this year. 

I'd be careful of him. 
Think of how he looked at Florida vs West Virginia.  The contrast in offenses and what we are likely to run here...

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I'd be careful of him. 
Think of how he looked at Florida vs West Virginia.  The contrast in offenses and what we are likely to run here...

We don't know what offense we are going to run here. 

Regardless, I was speaking in general, not necessarily for us. 

5 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Exactly what the majority of us have been pounding the drum for the last 5 years. Glad a respected evaluator sees it too. What is kind of annoying here is that Vrabel obviously saw the need for Marcus to be in a more spread based system when he went after Ryan Day, but it didn't work out. So now because of the year with LaFleur it doesn't appear they're going to be willing to circle back around to the spread for "continuity" purposes. It's pretty obvious though that the best fit for Marcus is the spread, and if we went after someone like Helfrich the continuity is already there from his Oregon days.  It kinda feels like we're not able to see the forest through the trees right now.

16 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm dead serious when I say this, how about Jim Caldwell? 

He worked with Pees in Baltimore. As their OC he lead them to a super bowl ring. The whole "Is Flacco elite" phrase. 

I thought about him and I personally wouldn't hate it. 

10th ranked offense in scoring. Ray Rice, 1000yard rusher. Anquan Boldin, Dennis pitta at TE, Torrey Smith and the deep threat. 

I'll take it. 

17 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm dead serious when I say this, how about Jim Caldwell? 

I actually wouldn't mind Caldwell. Another one of those guys similar to Hue Jackson that is a much better coordinator than Head Coach though I didn't think he was terrible as the head man in Detroit.  It'd also be nice to have an OC that we can have stick around for several years and build with. Guys like Caldwell and Hue have already flamed out twice as HCs, so the likelihood of them getting another HC job is pretty slim. It'd be great for our offensive staff long term in that regard. 

Archived