RB coach gone

3rivers

2 hours ago, muncher said:

lol.................forget it.

you just go ahead and keep your head in the sand

How is it keeping my head in the sand for wanting to know where you're getting this from? I haven't seen it reported anywhere else. It should be easy, just show a link.

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

How is it keeping my head in the sand for wanting to know where you're getting this from? I haven't seen it reported anywhere else. It should be easy, just show a link.

because you (and others)are so intent on defending tomlin that anytime someone says something it instantly becomes, 'show me the link'.

then it becomes, 'oh, thats not true.  they are just saying that for click bait.' 

then it is, 'see, they are just saying unnamed source, so that isnt credible'

then its actual players and talking heads that say it then its, 'they are just disgruntled ex players or  they just do it for tv ratings'

then its actual players on the team that respond on twitter and i cut and paste it and its still, 'show me the link'

so regardless of what i said, you will refute it. 

6 minutes ago, muncher said:

because you (and others)are so intent on defending tomlin that anytime someone says something it instantly becomes, 'show me the link'.

then it becomes, 'oh, thats not true.  they are just saying that for click bait.' 

then it is, 'see, they are just saying unnamed source, so that isnt credible'

then its actual players and talking heads that say it then its, 'they are just disgruntled ex players or  they just do it for tv ratings'

then its actual players on the team that respond on twitter and i cut and paste it and its still, 'show me the link'

so regardless of what i said, you will refute it. 

So your option is to take your ball and go home? I was just legitimately curious where you saw it, but if that is considered being a Tomlin apologist (for a story that isn't even damning for Tomlin at that), then I'm just baffled here.

3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Porter wasn't good as a OLB coach. Little to no development with Dupree/Chick. Heck, as good as Watt is I don't see that much development with him either. He's just naturally "good" but could certainly be better. That may have something to do with the firing. 

why is tomlin absolved from any/much blame for the defense because there is 'little/no talent' but porter is to blame for not developing any of our lbs?

porters record is the same as tomlins with the exact same talent

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to have to back up what they say. Heck muncher you we're in tent and making me back up my statement about Tomlin saying that would be major changes and I did. You talk out your rear on every single post that you make you are hell-bent on this theory that we are all Tomlin apologists. Let me educate people on something that clearly at least a few people here don't already know. There are a multitude of different fan levels.

Lvl 1: Bandwagon fan - bands that are only fans when things are going right.

Level two: the Casual fan - they could name a few players on the roster they watch football occasionally but mostly they have better things to do.

Level three - the delusional/hardcore fan - do not mistake this for diehard. I often see people use this word kind of loosely but personally I have my own definition of it. Videos of fans that go to football games or watch at home and get drunk and do stupid crap or act stupid as crap. Who believe they know everything about football but actually don't know very much at all and will support the Steelers until they die even to the point of being unable to admit or discuss deficiencies or when their team might have been helped out by the refs or anything like that. These are also the guys that immediately after a lot and it could be the only loss in a span of five years they start calling for everybody to be fired. They're the guys that are incapable of rational thoughts. They are either so beloved with their team that they could do no wrong or they actually hate the team they're cheering for so much that every time something goes wrong someone has to be fired. They're the guys that you see say F this the season is over after week 1.

Level four: the rookies - yes I put them this high in the ladder of importance. These guys or girls whatever are the people that are genuinely interested in Steelers football but are new to the sport new to the nation and are genuinely trying to learn wild give their opinion which might not always be on base or in touch with knowledge but you can tell that they are trying to be genuine.

Level five: The Diehard Fan - these are the most cherished fans. The fans that know their stuff has been following the Steelers for what seems like forever can tell you a lot about their history and you can admit and criticized the Steelers when they deserve it but praise them when they have earned it. These are the fans that you can have a rational knowledge-based discussion with whether it criticizing the team praising the team doing what most of us here actually do on a daily basis.

I would like to think that this forum is full of die-hard fans. There is a lot of knowledge on this board and just because you're a die-hard fan doesn't mean you always have to agree with another Die Hard fan you are allowed to have your own opinions

I'm sure that there are people here that could add a few levels or categories of fans or add to the descriptions that I just gave you. I also want to be clear that I'm not saying that any of those levels outside of bandwagon fan are not real fans. They are all of them but some are more rational than others some are more delusional than others

Archived