Packers Hire LaFleur

Nads786

49 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

No one else requested to interview him. I wonder how many people requested to interview Marc Trestman?

I'm not sure what your point is but my point is that the Packer job was really not that attractive. I knew McDaniels was a no go but this hire wreaks of .... of....something...

22 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm not impressed by his work with the Titans (22nd in offense DVOA and 25th in passing DVOA), but the personnel there wasn't ideal. It's an interesting hire but it seems somewhat premature and I wonder how quickly Rodgers will lose trust in him if things go wrong.

I read that TEN had the top would be completion percentage in the league, so I suppose that implies that the QB was an issue but the play design was creating open receivers. Only time will tell.

I actually think this is a bad one, the offense was not significantly improved in Tennessee after his hiring, even when Mariota was healthy.  First McVay, then Nagy, they are hoping to cash in, but I don't think its a high percentage hire, and LaFleur hasn't had tutors like Andy Reid, he had a year as OC for McVay, and then a year as OC for another new hc in Vrabel.  Could work out, but think less likely so than McVay and Nagy were.

I feel GB are sorta missing the point here...every other team who has brought in one of the young innovative OCs has paired them with a young QB...not a guy like Rodgers...he is basically his own OC at this point in his career...if anything they needed a leader like Dan Campbell or a quality defensive guy...happy they have taken this route but just seems a bit strange.

Archived