2019 National Championship Prospects (Clemson/Bama)

BleedTheClock

Alabama:

RB: Damien Harris/Josh Jacobs
TE: Irv Smith Jr.
LT: Jonah Williams
OG: Ross Pierschbacher

DT: Quinnen Williams/Raekwon Davis/Isaiah Buggs
DE: Christian Miller
OLB: Mack Wilson
FS: Deionte Thompson

Clemson:

OT: Mitch Hyatt

DE: Clellin Ferrell/Austin Bryant
DT: Christian Wilkins
OLB: Kendall Joseph/Isaiah Simmons
CB: Trayvon Muller
FS: Tanner Muse

Discuss these guys.

Alabama:

RB: Damien Harris (4th) & Josh Jacobs (2nd-3rd)
TE: Irv Smith Jr. (2nd)
LT: Jonah Williams (Top 10)
OG: Ross Pierschbacher (3rd)

DT: Quinnen Williams (Top 3), Raekwon Davis (Top 25), & Isaiah Buggs (2nd)
DE: Christian Miller (4th)
OLB: Mack Wilson (1st/2nd)
FS: Deionte Thompson (1st)

Clemson:

OT: Mitch Hyatt (3rd/4th)

DE: Clellin Ferrell (Top 10) & Austin Bryant (1st/2nd)
DT: Christian Wilkins (Top 20)
OLB: Kendall Joseph (3rd) & Isaiah Simmons (3rd)
CB: Trayvon Muller (2nd)
FS: Tanner Muse (6th-7th)

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jerry jeudy is a monster. Top 5 pick. Maybe the best receiver prospect at bama since julio. And I LOVED cooper coming out.

Yeah he's a better prospect than Cooper, who I also loved. Cooper wasn't the kind of ht/wt/spd athlete that Jeudy is.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah he's a better prospect than Cooper, who I also loved. Cooper wasn't the kind of ht/wt/spd athlete that Jeudy is.

God damn next years receiver class. Jeudy, Higgins, Shennault, Ceedee Lamb. Jesus. Its gonna be crazy. I hope we can grab one of these guys with one of our 1sts next year.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

God damn next years receiver class. Jeudy, Higgins, Shennault, Ceedee Lamb. Jesus. Its gonna be crazy. I hope we can grab one of these guys with one of our 1sts next year.

I love CeeDee Lamb. I think he could go in the top 10-15 as well. Explosive and can high point and make in-traffic catches. Great RAC guy too. Very thin, but doesn't play weak at the catch point or with the ball in his hands.

Probably is the best I have seen Trayvon Mullen play all season.  He is having a great game and same with Ferrell on the other side.  Not to mention Isaiah Simmons who I have said before if he keeps developing and or comes back for another season, could easily be the best OLB prospect in the country and a 1st round pick.  Could come out this year though and be a 2nd rounder if he works out well which I am sure he would.   

Alabama does not deserve to win this game though, wow they are playing crap D.  That DL is doing little to nothing, linebackers are not played great and secondary is playing awful.  Will see if they can change any of that, but just a terrible defensive effort but what is usually a great defensive team.

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Probably is the best I have seen Trayvon Mullen play all season.  He is having a great game and same with Ferrell on the other side.  Not to mention Isaiah Simmons who I have said before if he keeps developing and or comes back for another season, could easily be the best OLB prospect in the country and a 1st round pick.  Could come out this year though and be a 2nd rounder if he works out well which I am sure he would.   

Alabama does not deserve to win this game though, wow they are playing crap D.  That DL is doing little to nothing, linebackers are not played great and secondary is playing awful.  Will see if they can change any of that, but just a terrible defensive effort but what is usually a great defensive team.

It’s been like that since the UGA game. Just the Quinnen Williams Show. Raekwon has been a HUGE disappointment this season, Buggs has regressed since the Auburn game(probably due to injury), Jennings has been decent. Mack Wilson is extremely overrated. Just too many mistakes ever since the Arkansas game. Dylan Moses is blah. Cap it off with the worst CB group in the Saban era & yea.

Just now, ClutchDJ said:

It’s been like that since the UGA game. Just the Quinnen Williams Show. Raekwon has been a HUGE disappointment this season, Buggs has regressed since the Auburn game(probably due to injury), Jennings has been decent. Mack Wilson is extremely overrated. Just too many mistakes ever since the Arkansas game. Dylan Moses is blah. Cap it off with the worst CB group in the Saban era & yea.

Yeah and Miller being out is huge, no pass rusher on the outside in that 3/4 opposite Jennings.  Sucks Terrell Lewis has been gone all season, they really are thin at LB and do not have much depth especially at that 3/4 OLB spot.  It is shocking Jennings and Miller have stayed healthy for as long as they have this year to be honest.  I agree Raekwon has been disappointing, half the time one does not even know he is on the field because he makes no plays unlike the year before where he was productive especially in the big time games.  

Trevor Lawrence in 2021, big time projection but with the way he looks now and if this score holds up and they win, and Clemson should be great again next year.  Lawrence could become one of those hyped QB prospects and be the best to come into the league since Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.  There is not much to dislike about him.

I also agree the Alabama CB group is suspect, Diggs being lost for most of the year hurts for sure.  Surtain these last two games has really disappointed after flashing some ability at times earlier in the season.  Smith has struggled also just staying with WRs and that is disappointing.  But they lost basically everyone in that secondary outside of Thompson so it can be expected.  Clemson will go through that next year, especially if all Dexter Lawrence leaves and Simmons/Lamar go out and Mullen.  

Archived