2019 National Championship Prospects (Clemson/Bama)

BleedTheClock

11 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Stock wayyyyyyyyy down.  He was bad against OU and worse tonight...

I watched the game from one of the alternate ESPN channels where the camera was pointed forward from the offensive backfield. I looked for his number but could not find it. The man just vanished.

The only negative about last night is Mullen is now a lock to declare. What a game by him. 

Outside of Muse, don’t think anyone really hurt their stock. Although Muse may leave anyways, I think he’d have less PT next year. 

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Am I the only one who thought Tua looked awful in this game? I'm not even talking statistically, terrible pocket presence and footwork, arm looked really weak.

It's definitely concerning. It's one thing to go against an NFL talent laid defense and lay an egg with mediocre talent to help you but to do it with an offense filled with NFL talent to help you through the whole game? big concerns 

Although I think he looked way worse than he was just because of how amazing T.Lawrence looked. Tua kind of crumbled under the pressure as the game went on because Lawrence just kept making a play after play and never really had a chance to settle in.

After Clemson destroyed that defense you have to wonder if the Bama players are worth high picks. Great together however they faced a team with as much talent and destroyed them. Secondary couldn't catch a cold, let alone a Clemson WR.

15 hours ago, m haynes said:

After Clemson destroyed that defense you have to wonder if the Bama players are worth high picks. Great together however they faced a team with as much talent and destroyed them. Secondary couldn't catch a cold, let alone a Clemson WR.

That works in reverse. Clemson's best DL missed the game and Alabama's Ol got destroyed. The only guy who impressed was Pierschbacher. He could be a huge steal if he falls into the 4th and plays OC in the League.

23 hours ago, m haynes said:

What? Clemson is freaking insanely loaded with offensive talent. It's pretty ridiculous to make this assumption because of 1 game. The only big Alabama name that played poorly was Deionte Thompson. The DL and linebackers were fine. Bama's cornerback group got roasted, but nobody is touting them as 1st round draft picks right now.

This take kind of baffles me.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, NoDakViking said:

How's Anfernee Jennings fit at 4-3 OLB?

I don't think he's very explosive. He reminds me of the typical Alabama rusher like a Courtney Upshaw. A big strong bull, but lacks excellent length and explosion. I don't think he has a very promising NFL career to be honest. I'm shockingly high on most of the players in this draft in the 1st-4th round ranges, but Anfernee Jennings is not one of them. I think he's going to struggle mightily to create pressure in the NFL.

Archived