Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

Obviously the only option now, it seems, is Denver.

However I wouldn't read too much into Elway leaving without him. I believe he wants to interview 3-5 guys, and Fangio was #3. He's likely headed back to CO to mull it over and make a decision. I'm torn. I obviously want Vic to get a job if that's his dream but selfishly I'd love for him to be the DC of the 2019 Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Obviously the only option now, it seems, is Denver.

However I wouldn't read too much into Elway leaving without him. I believe he wants to interview 3-5 guys, and Fangio was #3. He's likely headed back to CO to mull it over and make a decision. I'm torn. I obviously want Vic to get a job if that's his dream but selfishly I'd love for him to be the DC of the 2019 Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears

I hope Vic gets his dream job, Bears will be fine without him...

I hope Fangio doesn't leave, but it sounds like Kubiak would be the OC since Elway has him in his pocket and it doesn't sound like Kubiak has any interest in being a head coach again. Get the best defensive mind available as your HC and Kubiak as your OC? You could do a hell of a lot worse.

I pray he stays.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

As little disruption as possible would be nice.

Of Vic stays, Donatell probably stays and both of those are big wins for the Bears.

My fear is that Fangio leaves, takes Donatell with him, and Bowles goes with Arians to Tampa.

14 minutes ago, G08 said:

My fear is that Fangio leaves, takes Donatell with him, and Bowles goes with Arians to Tampa.

Its been a while since Donatell has been a DC in the NFL, and if I recall was largely considered a failure at the time.  A lot can change since then, but if fangio leaves, I anticipate the only way Donatell would stay is with a promotion and I have a feeling that he's really better suited as a positional coach.  If Vic leaves, I think we should look externally.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Remember of Donatell is under contract Pace can block the move. Promotion or not,  the only time a coach ego is under contract cannot be blocked is for a HC gig.  PHI blocked Flip from the Jets OC job,  but when his contract ended he signed with MIN. 

I have a hunch that Vic will be staying put.  Broncos just went through a defensive head coach in Vance Joseph, who was an extreme failure.  I don't see them going that route again.  Elway is an offensive guy.  That is where your weakness is as a team.  That's the way I see it.

This sucks. I hope to hell he don't go. 

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Who else is out there to replace him? Bowles would be ideal.

Ideal yes. But I'm not sure Arians doesn't convince him to go to TB with him either so he can try to carry him again.

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This sucks. I hope to hell he don't go. 

Ideal yes. But I'm not sure Arians doesn't convince him to go to TB with him either so he can try to carry him again.

If Fangio gets the Denver job and I'm Bowles and I have the option of Chicago or TB, no question I'm going to Chicago.

TB just has way more question marks and ownership isn't exactly the most stable there.  Another bad season and Jason Licht could be gone.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If Fangio gets the Denver job and I'm Bowles and I have the option of Chicago or TB, no question I'm going to Chicago.

TB just has way more question marks and ownership isn't exactly the most stable there.  Another bad season and Jason Licht could be gone.

Oh no doubt about it. The defense roster alone is intriguing enough. Combine that with working with an upcoming team and a real chance at a trophy next year, it's a no-brainer. But Bowles and Arians have a long history together so....

Hopefully we won't have to worry about it at all when it's all said and done.

Archived