Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Our secondary is incredibly well coached.

He knows the personnel.

He has sat beside Fangio for years.

It just makes too much sense to promote Donatell now that the #1 option is gone.

It makes a lot of sense, but since Donatell is out of a contract and is being recruited by Fangio to join him as his DC in Denver while considering that Nagy's first choice to replace Vic was Bowles, do you think it's likely he wants to stay here?

37 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Aww. So cute. Look at little brother desperately trying to get big brothers attention. 

You had one good regular season followed by a quick exit. Hope you enjoyed it kiddo. 

31-0 at Lambeau. Fun times had by you. I hear the Bucks are really good this year tho.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Caldwell or Hewitt for me if Donatell is gone...although it will be interesting to see if he also looks at the college ranks like he did for Helfrich.

Brent Venables, here is a 4 year 14 million dollar deal.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Part of it is luck for sure but what can not be overlooked is that Bears hired a new head athletic trainer last offseason with the goal of reducing player injuries.  Looks like it helped tremendously compared to what they had going on previous years.

Nagy also didn't make guys push through injuries.  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I wouldn't bring a guy straight from college to be a DC with no pro experience.  They need to be a position coach first.

Me neither.  I want a respected guy who has previously coached (and as a bonus played) on the defensive side in the NFL.  Losing a guy like Vic you need to replace him with someone with some clout and who the players on can respect.  This defensive unit is used to a no nonsense approach.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Seems to be questions at moment about whether Bowles has orally agreed to go elsewhere. 

Word is that Bowles orally told Arians he would be his guy.  He really wanted Bears job, but didn't want to go back on his initial word.

Kind of the anti-McDaniels.  

Archived