Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

Something interesting to think about with whoever takes over. Is Pace/Nagy going to look for a guy who's scheme is going to use a heavy nickel package like Fangio did or will the defense go back to using a base 3-4?

This is interesting because if it's the latter, then where does that put Callahan? Because I'm not convinced he can play on the outside and it seems like Fangio didn't think so either and if this is the case then Callahan can walk and pay Amos.

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Here is thing about Bears that outside people don’t know yet. 

Roquan Smith could be best blitzing inside LB in football next year.  Nobody can accelerate to ball or can avoid blocks in backfield like he can.  You could see it at Georgia. I said it when he was drafted.  

Fangio didn’t use that nearly enough, part of that is hold out, bigger part of it is preferred scheme, part of it is lack of trust in rookies.  

Floyd and Smith together as a tandem are too quick for OL to handle in space.  If you vanilla rush them straight on the OL can eat them up.  

Finally! Thank you...

This thread has the most meathead sentiments since when people were pounding the table for Mike Hass and Matt Jones. Yeah, let’s blitz and tear their heads off!!!

Fangio is a historically great d coordinator and transformed this d to a historically great one. Sure, he played soft at end of games, but look at the Bears’ record. He’d rather the opponents take time off the clock than be beat with quick scores. (I sense that if people in here were the coordinator, cover-0 would be called every down.) The development of young players has been incredible, from Hicks to Fuller, etc, and guys loved playing for him, too. His departure is a significant loss.

Re: Donatell, I don’t know anything about his stints as coordinator, but statistically they look OK. And, both the Packers and Falcons had records for team sacks during his tenures. Yeah!!!

Haha I love that Packers fans are trolling our forums.  Just means they are jealous of the season we had and the fact that we are still the team to beat in the NFC North.

This team ain't going anywhere.  See if that ages well.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Haha I love that Packers fans are trolling our forums.  Just means they are jealous of the season we had and the fact that we are still the team to beat in the NFC North.

This team ain't going anywhere.  See if that ages well.

31- 0 and one concussed QB with a groin pull.

Really hope Bowles comes to his senses and joins this staff.  I would be hesitant to join that Tampa staff.  Too much instability with Licht and you never know how much Arians has left in the tank.  Also did I mention the talent is better in Chicago as well?  C'mon dude.

Archived