Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

24 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Let's be real. He also could play soft in the middle of games, including to teams who thrive in throwing to running backs and executing short patterns and such. Go watch the Patriots game if you don't believe me. Fangio will be missed--but let's not pretend he was perfect. 

I agree that he could be soft; I was as frustrated as anyone when Mack or Floyd would be covering someone 40 yds downfield. However, no coach is going to be perfect, and Fangio's record speaks for itself. My original post was meant to address those that were saying that the D would be even better without Fangio. He built this D from the worst in team history, and included discarded (or nearly discarded) players such as Hicks, Prince, Fuller, while developing the unit's young players. I'm of the mind that developing a D isn't quite as easy as it's being made to be here; continuity on that side of the ball is still important. 

35 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Before I leave--have you all considered that the Bears could transition to a 4-3 A LOT more easily than most teams in their situation? Might be the way to go. 

The Bears should stay a 3-4. Goldman , Hicks and Nichols are best served in that defense. If they switch to a 4-3 then they would need another DE to go with Mack. Floyd would have to be an OLB.

Just now, yomyyo said:

I agree that he could be soft; I was as frustrated as anyone when Mack or Floyd would be covering someone 40 yds downfield. However, no coach is going to be perfect, and Fangio's record speaks for itself. My original post was meant to address those that were saying that the D would be even better without Fangio. He built this D from the worst in team history, and included discarded (or nearly discarded) players such as Hicks, Prince, Fuller, while developing the unit's young players. I'm of the mind that developing a D isn't quite as easy as it's being made to be here; continuity on that side of the ball is still important. 

tumblr_orswqxXFHC1u4uoqao1_400.gif

11 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think you are more Rob Stark, King of the North.  Very successful and impressive campaign with battles won, and when finishing yet another task the door slams, the knife comes out and your dead in an instant.

If Robb stark had tried walking through the doorway and accidentally stabbed himself in the throat and died, then that would be a perfect example 

I think the final guy I would be interested in would be Kris Richard...he might be one and done and we would need to adjust the 3-4 slight to more of an elephant and leo front but there is no doubt he has had success and he would be a boost for the DBs if Donatell leaves...

1. Donatell

2. Caldwell

3. Richard

4. Hewitt

5. Butler

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I actually don't mind Greg Williams. He is a Super Bowl winning DC and Pace knows him well. I think he would be alright. It seems like he commands a lot of respect from his players. Could do worse.

Xs & Os? Sure...personality? I just don't see the fit...goes right alongside the Ryan's for me.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the final guy I would be interested in would be Kris Richard...he might be one and done and we would need to adjust the 3-4 slight to more of an elephant and leo front but there is no doubt he has had success and he would be a boost for the DBs if Donatell leaves...

1. Donatell

2. Caldwell

3. Richard

4. Hewitt

5. Butler

My money's on Richard getting the Dolphins gig

Hewitt is probably the off the radar guy that I am most interested in so nice find MadMike.

The Ravens have such a stable of good coaches and that defense is consistent year in and year out even with coordinator changes and usually promotions.

Archived