Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

The concern with Fuller isn't just man coverage, but he's not that good at press coverage.... You saw him all year lined up 10 yards off, and he just plays better when he can backpeddle then drive, rather than get his hands on a dude then turn and run with him.

Prince, on the other hand, every time I saw him was already playing on or near the the line and getting his hands on a guy on the snap....

Prince I think, might actually be better suited to an aggressive 3-4 than Fuller for that reason.... You press to take the short passes, then the pass rush is supposed to disrupt anything longer than that..... E-Jackson, however, would be absolutely deadly in a super aggressive setup I'd imagine... Should be a lot easier to pick->6 when the QB has to throw it earlier via passrush.

The latest rumors this A.M. is Fangio will take the Denver gig🤧... I wish him the best until we play.

So who is ready to charter that Jet for Rex Ryan😎...

I think Ryan is the only candidate that guarantees our Defense remains top 5... his aggressive style pairs with the speed this Defense has... Only player I would be a little concerned with is Kyle Fuller because he chooses to play off the line regularly... The rest of the crew should be flying around as usual. Ryan's attitude is also a perfect fit for the City and Team. Coaches that dont have big personalities are always ran out of Chicago no matter the sport🤷🏾‍♂️

That would be a shame for us, great for him though.  I'd be really surprised if it works out the way they intend though, as they still have holes and still have inconsistent management approach, also not sure who throw the ball.  

Even if he stayed, I don't think the Bears success this year in regular season will be replicable, however the rest of the division might not be much better than this year either. Packers approach has loads of risk, Vikings have a lot to fix.  If this doesn't sound too stupid, I think the Bears setup to have a worse in season record, but if they make the playoffs should go further.

Anyone else get flashbacks whenever something makes a metallic noise or if someone bumps into something?  Going to be a long road to recovery. 

14 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

The latest rumors this A.M. is Fangio will take the Denver gig🤧... I wish him the best until we play.

So who is ready to charter that Jet for Rex Ryan😎...

I think Ryan is the only candidate that guarantees our Defense remains top 5... his aggressive style pairs with the speed this Defense has... Only player I would be a little concerned with is Kyle Fuller because he chooses to play off the line regularly... The rest of the crew should be flying around as usual. Ryan's attitude is also a perfect fit for the City and Team. Coaches that dont have big personalities are always ran out of Chicago no matter the sport🤷🏾‍♂️

Rex is a goof.  I'd prefer Steve Wilks or Chuch Pagano over him.

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

Either he's confident beyond measure, or he's desperate if he's really not even picking his staff.  

If someone needed me to hire them, and was willing to give up that much I would have serious doubts about them.  

(Think Elway is doing research on this forum yet?)

I really question what he's doing out there.  After the Vance Joseph debacle I don't know that I could trust him to make the right hire.  He's already gone through 3 head coaches so far.

Doing some research of other options an intriguing one is former Bears LB Mike Caldwell.  He worked on Bowles' staff with the Jets the past 3 years and was recently the assistant Head Coach.

He also knows Nagy from their days working as young assistants with the Eagles.  Lastly, this guy has played under coaches such as Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, Marvin Lewis, Jim Johnson and John Fox so I think he knows a thing or two about defense.

Might be a more risky hire but I think this guy has lots to prove.

Archived