Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

Congrats to Vic...no one can grudge him something he has clearly worked extremely hard for over the years...

Donatell would be my first choice but I would suggest there is a strong chance he goes with Vic so we could be looking outside...

I think Mike Caldwell is an excellent call as a potential DC...both he and Nagy joined the Philly staff in 08 and have worked their way up since then...with the connections to both him and Bowels it would certainly seem to make sense...

I also like Chris Hewitt from Baltimore.

Bears secondary coach Ed Donatell has had coordinator experience with the Falcons and Packers. But Donatell, 61, is coming out contract and will be a free agent. He previously worked with Fangio in San Francisco, and Fangio could look to hire Donatell with the Broncos.

If the Bears don’t promote Donatell, one source said he likely will depart.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I have always like Wilks but him trying to force Arizona from a 3-4 multi-front to his 4-3 was a disaster...not what we are looking for...Bowles will be in TB. 

Gabriel and Biggs both said Bowles has not agreed to go to Tampa yet.

I forgot that Wilks is a 4-3 guy, oops.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Gabriel and Biggs both said Bowles has not agreed to go to Tampa yet.

I forgot that Wilks is a 4-3 guy, oops.

Bowles isn't a done deal in TB but it is widely expected he will go there...Arians can't coach forever and he would more than likely be next up for the job...

Would love it tho if we were able to convince him to come here tho.

Former Jets coach Todd Bowles is a candidate to join Nagy’s staff and a source said they already have spoken multiple times. It is believed Bowles will choose between the Bears and Buccaneers. It had been reported Bowles would join Bruce Arians in Tampa but nothing has been finalized with the Buccaneers.

52 minutes ago, G08 said:

Ed Donatell has been a DC for 7 seasons, these are his rankings in points allowed:

GB 14

GB 5

GB 12

GB 11

ATL 14

ATL 18

ATL 15

better than I had thought.  I do seem to recall ATL fans being ecstatic he was gone, but maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. 

Archived