Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Wow this thread is bigger than Packers coach thread. 

Speaking of, they just got all excited when the Fangio news broke. And then 5 minutes later they became depressed hearing Bowles was in play for the Bears. 

Bring my Todd Bowles.

He is the perfect fit for our personnel and what we want to do on defense. He can run that side of the ball just like Vic.

Vic was the highest paid DC in the league, so money and talent have to be in favor of him coming to Chicago.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Bring my Todd Bowles.

He is the perfect fit for our personnel and what we want to do on defense. He can run that side of the ball just like Vic.

Vic was the highest paid DC in the league, so money and talent have to be in favor of him coming to Chicago.

I can't picture any reason Bowles would pick the Buccaneers over Chicago. None.

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Right, but thats a double edged sword because then its harder for us to have defensive consistency.

I was speaking to desirability of the job for candidates.  It does hurt to get turnover.  

Losing DCs isn’t nearly as bad as losing OCs. Defensive concepts are nearly universal for schemes. So learning curve is shorter for players.  It’s all about teaching ability for young players and making right calls and game plans.  

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I can't picture any reason Bowles would pick the Buccaneers over Chicago. None.

He would have to follow in the shoes of Fangio. If this D doesn't return to the same level he will be considered a failure. If he gets the Bucs to top 15 D he is considered a hero.

Just now, Nads786 said:

He would have to follow in the shoes of Fangio. If this D doesn't return to the same level he will be considered a failure. If he gets the Bucs to top 15 D he is considered a hero.

Yeah, but we have all the personnel for a 3-4 defense. The Buccaneers have run a 4-3 since 1990. Is he guaranteed the time to be there if he doesn't bring the defense along? Is Arians going to play out his whole contract?

What's more stable (God willing) than Nagy, Trubisky, an ascending team with the #1 defense in football (who are extremely young as well)?

Just now, G08 said:

Yeah, but we have all the personnel for a 3-4 defense. The Buccaneers have run a 4-3 since 1990. Is he guaranteed the time to be there if he doesn't bring the defense along? Is Arians going to play out his whole contract?

What's more stable (God willing) than Nagy, Trubisky, an ascending team with the #1 defense in football (who are extremely young as well)?

I guess it depends on what he personally sees as his stepping stone to being a HC again. Based on what twitter suggested, Fangio was so desperate for a HC role that he was willing to do anything Elway wanted. I think these guys really want to be HCs in the long term.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Bowles or Pagano

With the talent the Bears defense has we do not need to take a home run swing on an unknown who may be the next great mind.

We also do not need the Gregg Williams, Rex Ryan side show.

I agree, but part of me wants Rex Ryan. Never as a HC, but as a coordinator he could be fun.  

Archived