Baltimore Ravens 2018-19 Roster Tracker

coordinator0

56 minutes ago, Danand said:

Also, Canady might be very expendable after this season and if we also cut Jimmy Smith, we are suddenly all thin at cornerback again.

true, don't forget Carr could also just easily be cut.

anyhow, with Humphrey and Young there is a good core to build upon. no worries.

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Sigh...

nice story as he was the hometown kid but really what exactly was so promising about him? he was more prone to fumbles than Alex Collins afaik.

good athletes do not make good NFL players if that is all they got.

Somewhat surprised by cutting Grant to sign White given White is a worse returner.  Not surprised by cutting Eluemunor at all - he looked out of his depth for most of the PS imo and had not expected him to make the opening roster

Whoa, I am a bit surprised by Eluemunor being waived. I think he's a safe gamble to stash on the practice squad though. Dude was so raw coming out we knew he wasn't going to look good for a while.

Happy with the move to go from Grant to White. If TIm gets back to his returning form from his days in college he's a beast. I think the potential is still there. Also offers something as a receiver too. Not that the top four need to be rotated more though. Feels good to say that. 

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Somewhat surprised by cutting Grant to sign White given White is a worse returner.  Not surprised by cutting Eluemunor at all - he looked out of his depth for most of the PS imo and had not expected him to make the opening roster

We already have Alex Collins as a fumble threat and he brings a plus dimension to our RB crew that otherwise isn’t there. Janarion Grant is a better returner than White, but only marginally so... his fumbling issue will likely only get worse as the weather gets colder. I think this is a smart move. So what if we lose 2 yards per return if we drastically reduce our chances of turning the ball over.

Also Grant should still be able to go back to the PS if I’m not mistaken? If White fails to provide better return fundamentals or Grant improves on his, then we just might make the same trade of Grant for White in terms of PS to active roster.

45 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Completely random, anyone else kind of worried about this BWill contract?

Not really. Cap space is really not a problem for us going forward. For 2019, we are $37.7M under the cap.

In terms of yearly cash (aka all that matters), Brandon Williams is at 9.25-9.5M for the next 3 years. I see no reason to chase that savings. 

Definitely would start with moving on from: Tony Jefferson at 8M in 2019 and 7M in 2020, even if we don't have a plan for that money. Brandon Carr is getting $6M per or Jimmy's 9.5M figure would be considered sooner if Carr declines or we lose trust in Jimmy. But really, there no need for us to be worried about savings. 

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Not really. Cap space is really not a problem for us going forward. For 2019, we are $37.7M under the cap.

In terms of yearly cash (aka all that matters), Brandon Williams is at 9.25-9.5M for the next 3 years. I see no reason to chase that savings. 

Definitely would start with moving on from: Tony Jefferson at 8M in 2019 and 7M in 2020, even if we don't have a plan for that money. Brandon Carr is getting $6M per or Jimmy's 9.5M figure would be considered sooner if Carr declines or we lose trust in Jimmy. But really, there no need for us to be worried about savings. 

Yea Jefferson needs to go after this season, and I think Carr is gone too

2 hours ago, M.10.E said:

I don't mean in terms of cap space, I mean in terms of him not being worth it

This is how I took your original comment, and yeah I'm kind of worried about it as well. He provides literally nothing in the pass game, and I think in previous years he at least was able to move the pocket back a little bit.

With hindsight, I would've rather just let him walk and used a fraction of that money for Michael Pierce after this year.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I don't think a space eating NT who provides no pressure was ever really worth it, but that's probably because I have particular views on roster construction and play style that this franchise clearly doesn't hold

Untill I am proven wrong, I will bang the drum for keeping the best olines we produce. They are the ones who sees the most snaps and can be the sole reason the run and passing game works.

I’m not worried. This is the time of year when passing the football is easiest, so teams are logically taking advantage of that fact.

But that won’t always be the case. Playoff time means colder weather, worse conditions, and those are the conditions where teams will have to pass less and run more.

Signing BWill to his contract isn’t something that looks to benefit us during the summer and early fall. This is a move that is solely designed for the playoffs and for the winter. And winter is coming.

Archived