Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

22 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

If Bell wants to sign a team-friendly deal with us just to stick it to the Steelers, I'd love to have him!

If he wants to maximize his $, I'm sure he'll go elsewhere. 

I'd laugh if he took a team friendly deal from anyone....because it would mean he passed on a nice contract with us and gave up $14m in 2018 for no reason.   

Either way, he wont get the money he originally wanted from ANYONE.  Well, nevermind, there are some stupid GMs out there.

You guys would be better off spending your money elsewhere.    Bell is a good weapon, but way too many red flags right now.   

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I'd laugh if he took a team friendly deal from anyone....because it would mean he passed on a nice contract with us and gave up $14m in 2018 for no reason.   

Either way, he wont get the money he originally wanted from ANYONE.  Well, nevermind, there are some stupid GMs out there.

You guys would be better off spending your money elsewhere.    Bell is a good weapon, but way too many red flags right now.   

Last season was about as bad as it could be for Bell. Not only did Conner perform to a similar level of play, his backup Jaylen Samuels played well behind that oline.

Suddenly Bells accomplishments were put in perspective, and with a lot of mileage on his tires, his injury history, his off the field stuff, his rap attempt and me-me-me personality makes him less of an exciting prospect imo.

Edited by Danand
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Danand said:

Last season was about as bad as it could be for Bell. Not only did Conner perform to a similar level of play, his backup Jaylen Samuels played well against that oline.

Suddenly Bells accomplishments were put in perspective, and with a lot of mileage on his tires, his injury history, his off the field stuff, his rap attempt and me-me-me personality makes him less of an exciting prospect imo.

Exactly.    He overrated his value from the get go.   He wanted to "set the market" and foolishly acted like his history of injuries and off field issues wouldnt or shouldnt be considered.  

Now, he skipped out on $14mil last year because he thought he would make it up with his next contract, but now he will be lucky to even get the contract the Steelers offered him.

Some team might decide to give him huge money, but he is a huge risk at this point.

I never blamed Bell for wanting financial security.   RB's get the rawest deals because they get worked the hardest, wear down the fastest, and only often get a chance at one big deal....where as most other positions you can get 2 or 3 big deals.    However, the way Bell went about it has been idiotic, and has cost himself a nice chunk of career earnings.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Exactly.    He overrated his value from the get go.   He wanted to "set the market" and foolishly acted like his history of injuries and off field issues wouldnt or shouldnt be considered.  

Now, he skipped out on $14mil last year because he thought he would make it up with his next contract, but now he will be lucky to even get the contract the Steelers offered him.

Some team might decide to give him huge money, but he is a huge risk at this point.

I never blamed Bell for wanting financial security.   RB's get the rawest deals because they get worked the hardest, wear down the fastest, and only often get a chance at one big deal....where as most other positions you can get 2 or 3 big deals.    However, the way Bell went about it has been idiotic, and has cost himself a nice chunk of career earnings.

Bell isn't the first person to be "underpaid" - it happens as well to every person with a regular day time job. I guess most of us would claim, that we are not getting paid enough. If we pulled the same stuff as Bell, we would be off way worse. 

Sometimes it just isn't fair, but that doesn't mean its a reason for screwing yourself over. 

In Bells defense, I believe they should rework the way they offer out contracts. But if they make every contract a 100% guarantee, teams are taking huge risk on the next Albert Haynesworth. Its a difficult subject.

I was barely worried about cap space when we were paying Flacco top QB money. Now that we have a cost controlled QB for 4 more years...

We don't need cap space. We need playmakers on the team. We desperately need playmakers on offense. 

So I'm more intrigued by the possibility of pursuing Bell than most.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

I was barely worried about cap space when we were paying Flacco top QB money. Now that we have a cost controlled QB for 4 more years...

We don't need cap space. We need playmakers on the team. We desperately need playmakers on offense. 

So I'm more intrigued by the possibility of pursuing Bell than most.

Ding ding ding.

I create players with attributes and builds the same as Ray & Ed, then just always put "Jr." or "II" after their names. I do the same with NBA games. Allen Iverson Jr. etc etc. Madden is a legit trash game, but I always buy it anyway. Everyone moves the exact the same way. With the same exact mechanics. They just have different stats and skins. NBA Live is cooler, even though I'm not a big fan of the sport itself. You can attach dribble, dunk, layup, and shot packages to emulate legendary players. 

As Ravens fans we know that Ed had an aura to him and he moved around the field like a snake. It would awesome if they would personalize players more to increase the realism but that's never going to happen. You can literally just give Tom Brady Lamar's stats and then they'll move around the field the exact same way. It's pathetic.

What's funny is when you google these athletes you realize how many of them actually have kids with the same name as them. So it doesn't wreck the immersion. I also do stuff like lowering ages, so I make Sizzle in his early 20s again. As well as upping the progression where I feel it's needed. Like Madden still has Marlon at "Quick" progression, it's ludicrous. So I up players to where I feel they should be. 

Madden hasn't been good since 2011. All games after that have been hot garbage. Such a shame too, I used to love franchise mode. Tried to get back into it with M17 only to find out it confirmed my sentiments of it still being hot garbage.

But back to not hijacking the thread with garbage Madden, do we have any shot of re-signing Zadarius Smith or is CJ Mosley the real priority and gonna send us back to Cap hell in the end?

• Like 1

I think I've settled in the Mosley Leaves prediction camp. It's just too likely that his agent pursues an unrealistic figure. And that a team short on talent, but rich in cap will gladly pay. Eric will look at our roster and see 2 talented young LBs in Peanut and Young, as well as multiple Money Backer type players. He's gotta be gone.

I wonder how much more likely the Broncos are to bring back Paradis now that they will have Flacco under center. Not that it wasn't important to have a good player there before, but Joe definitely needs plus play up front.

And if the Ravens do end up missing out on him, is there anybody else really worth going after? Morse is good but more of a pass-blocker. Also not the most durable player you'd hope for. I think the team would rather stick with Skura or end up rolling with Bozeman.

There's the draft of course, but for the center position I'm looking at free agency as Paradis or bust. 

• Like 1