Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

13 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

Do you guys feel Michael Jordan from OSU would fit as a long term center?

Cornerbacks depending on skill and "Tweeners" I think we would/should carry 7. Last season we went with Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Young, Canady, Averett and Cyrus Jones as primary punt returner. Then we had Baptiste, Hill on IR.

I haven't watched much of Michael Jordan to be honest, but I didn't like that he looked lost at times. Contrary to a Frank Ragnow who plays with his head on a swiwel and with great awareness, I didn't see that with Jordan and you can't block "Air" as a center. Does look like he has some good power though and we need more power inside

Now that we know Crabtree will be gone, what are the thoughts about resigning John Brown? Obvioiously, he didn't click with Lamar (they did have a couple nice plays including a huge bomb called back) and had individual struggles the second half of the year. But, that should lower his open market value, since no team will pay as if they only expect the highs. 

Despite the narrative that WRs won't want to play with Lamar, he has openly stated that he likes the org and wants a long term deal here. The chemistry with Lamar should be improved with Lamar getting the first team snaps. If we lose him, then the deep threat role is something that HAS to be replaced anyway. In which case, it's not like we are likely to find someone with similar separation ability and better hands.

I'd have no problem giving him the money earmarked for Crabtree, if that is all it took.

Edited by wackywabbit

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Now that we know Crabtree will be gone, what are the thoughts about resigning John Brown? Obvioiously, he didn't click with Lamar (they did have a couple nice plays including a huge bomb called back) and had individual struggles the second half of the year. But, that should lower his open market value, since no team will pay as if they only expect the highs. 

Despite the narrative that WRs won't want to play with Lamar, he has openly stated that he likes the org and wants a long term deal here. The chemistry with Lamar should be improved with Lamar getting the first team snaps. If we lose him, then the deep threat role is something that HAS to be replaced anyway. In which case, it's not like we are likely to find someone with similar separation ability and better hands.

I'd have no problem giving him the money earmarked for Crabtree, if that is all it took.

I noticed a big change in John Brown's body language once Lamar was playing QB, he was clearly frustrated at times. At other times he was hesitant going over middle and shying away from contact, possibly to protect himself before free agency. I was not impressed with his mental toughness and resiliency this year. I'm not sure I'd want that kind of WR for a young inexperienced QB. 

• Like 2

No thanks on John Brown.  As @AngusMcFife said, he didn't seem to be enjoying himself here once the offense changed.  While he's probably in the top handful of WRs that should be available in FA this year (because the FA market is just that bad this year) I don't think he'd be worth bringing back

That is definitely a workable number. Few things still unresolved as we just began the offseason

Jimmy Smith - possible post June release(not sure if that will save us more or not)

Resign Suggs - if we release jimmy, this resign would offset and probably save money by doing both moves.

Id like to see the money used on the following 

possession wr 😂 Alshon sticks out.  Golden Tate is who I truly want, but on that Steve Smith discount. Won’t happen as I see the money being there. Outside of that it will be a wait and see for the cuts upcoming 

offensive line addition(Pugh could be a cap casualty) rough season with AZ but used to be my poor man Yanda 

pass rushing depth (Fowler could be a short term prove it deal) interested in seeing him in that Suggs role, especially if we don’t resign him. 

I think the only real post June 1st candidate is Jefferson given the structure of his deal. But if Weddle is out he's probably not going anywhere. 

And remember, that cap space opened up isn't actually available until after June 1st. It's just a mechanism that helps a player hit the market when the money is out there instead of being cut in June when every team has spent their free agent budget. 

Am I the only one who wants that Denver center Paradis? My main concern this year is fixing the offensive line. I put more focus into that than anything on the team currently. They cannot leave LJ with his 'piece in his hands' like they did Flacco. I also think Jimmy gonna take a paycut as I don't see him going anywhere else making the money he is slated to make on his current deal. Unless the Ravens just wanna get rid of him, I don't see him leaving. Sizzle should get a 2yr deal for his 'last ride' moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Am I the only one who wants that Denver center Paradis? My main concern this year is fixing the offensive line. I put more focus into that than anything on the team currently. They cannot leave LJ with his 'piece in his hands' like they did Flacco. I also think Jimmy gonna take a paycut as I don't see him going anywhere else making the money he is slated to make on his current deal. Unless the Ravens just wanna get rid of him, I don't see him leaving. Sizzle should get a 2yr deal for his 'last ride' moment.

I haven't seen enough of Paradis to know how good he actually is. I would prefer to go young in the draft so we have a veteran presence inside once Yanda retires.

This year I would prefer us to mainly just keep what we got and then get new talent from the draft to take over once we have guys like Jimmy Smith and Weddle retires/contract expires next year