Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

It is basically just an article about how Bell would fit a do-it-all role with the Ravens, who so far have 2 runningbacks who aren't much utilized on all three downs. He also contemplates that Bells representative has a good relationship with Eric DeCosta, and that the Ravens are planning on building their new offense from the ground game up.

The rest of the article points towards the reasons why the Ravens aren't interested in Bell - contract, cap, mileage, and the fact that Ravens doesn't have the same quality on oline as the Steelers, which could raise questions about Bell being as good with the Ravens as the Steelers.

Several danish evaluators has talked about the same topic and in general pointed towards, that while Bell was able to be patient and dance behind the Steelers offensive line with great succes, he wouldn't have that succes with the Ravens oline as he would just have been tackled for a loss most of the times.

• Like 1

I want no parts of the contract that Bell is going to want/demand. I'm all the way good there. Just go get Darrell Henderson or Josh Jacobs that everyone is gettin' hyped about. Also, grab me a fine LG/C or two. I'm not asking for much on my draft Christmas list. icon_lol.gif

Just now, M.10.E said:

Alex Collins arrested after car crash. Welp... Put him in the "Players I was wrong about" column.

I already didn't view him as a significant piece of the offense/team going forward. 

But, more importantly, he seemed like a cool dude who got a nice moment in the NFL, so I'm hoping this isn't something super bad or serious.

I didn't see Alex being back anyway. The team wants efficient North/South runners, and he isn't that. I still think he's a good player, but it's no longer a fit. 

Early prediction is we carry 4 HBs on the roster next year- Edwards/Dixon/Turner/Draft Pick(My money is on Holyfield). 

4 hours ago, M.10.E said:

CJ Mosely posting a drunk video on Instagram stating his loyalty to Baltimore. Love it.

That was weird. He kept saying put him to the test(try me) over loyalty, but the manifestation of a loyalty test in contract negotiations is a low ball offer hitting his agent's desk. Why would he want that? Also why is he so concerned with loyalty? No one ever questioned his commitment to the city/team.

It's just drunk ramblings. So there's no need to read too much into it, but it was weird nonetheless. I guess it's a fun video for some fans, but ultimately I think it will hurt him. One of Mosley's biggest selling points is his High Character/Role Model/LR Presence reputation. On a team going through a leadership transition, loaded with young players, and not absent off field flare ups. The FO isn't going to look favorably on a supposed leader looking for cornerstone money, broadcasting a drunk profanity laced rant in the snow at 2AM. I mean just last year Kaare Vedvik was hospitalized F'in around in the streets at questionable hours. This isn't a good look. It will hurt him with other teams too.

Mosley's own inconsistent/lackluster impact and the emergence of Young & Peanut make the decision to part with him rather easy, at least in imo. We avoid a big cap hit, get younger/faster at the position, and improve upon the unit's coverage ability.  CJ has his supporters though and the FO seemed to be one of the biggest. As long as he didn't pursue Top 5 money it seemed like they would push to retain him long term. Curious if this changes that to some degree.

Part of the video in question-

Edited by DreamKid

Not getting a deal done with Mosley at the combine, where according to Eric they were meeting with his agent, signals to me that like we assumed he's asking for Top 5 money. 

Props to Ozzie for identifying Kenny Young last year. He looked like the worst pick from the jump, but ended up really shocking us all with his impact.