Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

15 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

First post is updated if anybody wants to see an overview of the current roster.

I never thought I'd say this.. 

I think Tavon Austin is worth a look in this offense. It sounds like he'd fit right in with what they want to happen this year. 

I also want a big bodied receiver. I'd kick the tires again on Dez if he's interested, I'd also kick the tires on D. Thomas as well. He didn't look great in Houston but he's a chrisp route run who can provide consistency for Lamar. 

On the defensive side, I'd like to plug in Clay Matthews where Suggs was. He only had 3.5 sacks last year but I think he could work on our system. 

I also wouldn't mind a reunion with Jernigan, depending on the price. I want Urban before that could happen though, he's a solid player. 

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Pretty sure we're looking at maybe a more value signing. I could be wrong. Depending on how the contracts of Bennett and Ingram break down, I'd guess we're at about 18-20 million in cap. 

Factor in that there's always some money left over for in-season replacement signings and we've got around $10m to play with

15 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Factor in that there's always some money left over for in-season replacement signings and we've got around $10m to play with

Wowwwww, how am I just realizing I called Earl Thomas, Earl "Bennet". Jeeeez. 

I'm stuuupid, stupid. Lol

Edited by baltimoreRebel

From what I can read, Earl Thomas has mainly missed starts due to two broken legs, and while it is a slight concern, it is not like he has had achilles problems, acl's or anything similar. This could be a really good signing for 3-4 years although it is a pricy one.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

From what I can read, Earl Thomas has mainly missed starts due to two broken legs, and while it is a slight concern, it is not like he has had achilles problems, acl's or anything similar. This could be a really good signing for 3-4 years although it is a pricy one.

Can confirm his injuries were freak injuries and not something that we should be concerned about moving forward.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I think the 2018 injury was actually fairly predictable. 

Earl Thomas sat out training camp and refused to practice with the team due to the contract issues. So I'm not sure he had the appropriate muscle mass NFL players need to protect their bones from collisions. 

I think with a full offseason and regular practices his body will be in much better shape to handle contact. 

Any thoughts on Geronimo Allison? Young WR that showed flashes for GB, but they rendered him as ROFR. No comp if we were to offer him a deal. 6’3” 200 pound frame. 60% catch rate on his career, but I believe he ran slot for GB on occasions and a lot of his looks came from deep balls

Jordy Nelson seems like a decent pick up given the current pool of FA wide receivers. 

However, someone better might get cut or become available in the near future. I wouldn't be rushing to sign Nelson at this point. Especially if he signs a contract that prevents the Ravens from bringing in a better player later on.