Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

9 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I can definitely see the argument not to sign Spain or Nelson, but I think it is pretty clear that if the Ravens signed them, they would be upgrades and immediately be put into the starting lineup. That's all I'm saying. Those are the two spots where the Ravens are weakest. 

No, not Spain. Hurst would still start over him. I don't think the team is giving up on Lewis yet either. Still really hoping an interior lineman is drafted but I'm not real sure the team sees it as a big need. 

My point is those guys, or guys in that mold, won't cost much. Shouldn't cost much. Use the cap space on an actual good player like Houston, who also plays a position of need on the team. Bisciotti won''t let the team sit on that cap space for a season, especially when they're going to have a bunch next year even after the roster is filled out. Get good players if they're looking at that spot anyways. 

58 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think he's a competent vet who can run NFL routes, and will likely outperform a 4th round rookie WR. 

Percentage of offensive plays by Jordy Nelson, with targets.  

Week 17: 89%, 12 targets

Week 16: 79%, 10 targets

Week 15: 97%, 8 targets

Week 15: 94%, 7 targets

Week 14: 91%, 11 targets

Week: 13: 90%, 1 target (vs Ravens)

I get that you don't want Nelson, but to fabricate data is really not an honorable way to debate. The Raiders played Nelson a lot the last 5 weeks and gave him plenty of targets. 

He might out perform a 4th round rookie from this class, but what he displayed last season leads me to believe Chris Moore is certainly more capable. And then we’ve got two unknowns that have proven as much in our system as Nelson has in our system, nothing. Hard pass on the vet direction.

I think it depends on what Sam Koch has told the FO. If he wants to play 3-4 more seasons, then there is little doubt he could do it, and we might be able to send Vedvik to some hungry team who would be willing to give up a late round pick.

17 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

No, not Spain. Hurst would still start over him. I don't think the team is giving up on Lewis yet either. Still really hoping an interior lineman is drafted but I'm not real sure the team sees it as a big need. 

Fair enough. I think Hurst is a backup swing tackle, not a starter. You start him at LG, then who is the backup OT? That may solve a problem but creates another one.  

Use the cap space on an actual good player like Houston, who also plays a position of need on the team.

Call me crazy but I think the Bowser/Williams could outperform Houston in 2019 and beyond. I'm not big into bringing a guy from a very simple defense where he had limited responsibilities over to the Ravens, I'd rather have the two guys who have been in the system for a couple years.   

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At this point I'd almost rather go through the draft tbh

Nah, we need a veteran. I think Ansah is worth a shot on a 2 year deal. High potential for reward there. 

I want to draft 2 edge rusher if possible as well. I have all the confidence in the world in Williams and Bowser though, straight up. 

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Nah, we need a veteran. I think Ansah is worth a shot on a 2 year deal. High potential for reward there. 

I want to draft 2 edge rusher if possible as well. I have all the confidence in the world in Williams and Bowser though, straight up. 

Why do we need a veteran?

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, coordinator0 said:

My point is those guys, or guys in that mold, won't cost much. Shouldn't cost much. Use the cap space on an actual good player like Houston, who also plays a position of need on the team. Bisciotti won''t let the team sit on that cap space for a season, especially when they're going to have a bunch next year even after the roster is filled out. Get good players if they're looking at that spot anyways. 

Why?  Now that it rolls over, it's not simply use-it-or-lose-it.

9 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Why?  Now that it rolls over, it's not simply use-it-or-lose-it.

It's a matter of putting the best team on the field every year. If you have the money/cap space to bring in plus players, why not. Good owners aren't going to sit on their hands when their product can get better and bring more money in. Bisciotti is a good owner.

But, now with Houston off the market there  isn't one guy to spend a bunch on. Especially those that don't count against the cap. The team might wait on signing someone else until one of their own free agents signs elsewhere. They're not going to lose a 3rd round comp pick for a mid-tier signing. Bethel's contract will count for the formula so the team is down to just the one they're getting for Smith.