Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

That doesn’t make sense. He refused to participate in the Tampa Bay offseason because his $13m had no guaranteed money attached to it.

So for less money than he would’ve gotten paid by Tampa Bay, he’s now suddenly okay with “betting on himself”? That doesn’t compute.

you sound like it was his choice he was cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

you sound like it was his choice he was cut.

It sounded like it was a mutual breakup. They couldn’t afford to pay him and he didn’t want to take a pay cut. But either way, if he wants a 1 year deal, he’s a fool.

Any free agent that is past 30 sees a sharp dip in pay vs players younger than that number. Let alone a FA at 32. He will be lucky if he can crack double figures next year. Had he been released sooner he probably sees $14m/year offers. But a year older? That number likely goes down to $10-11m.

If it’s a one year rental than I agree with the opinion that would have us move on from this deal. The report I saw says he wanted to play for a “contender”. But a one year deal completely goes against the reality of a hungry veteran looking to win. Sounds more like a guy that wants his cake and to eat it too. That’s the kind of guy that messes up team chemistry. I only want him if he’s looking to add to the culture of the team, not if he’s only looking to take away from it.

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

It sounded like it was a mutual breakup. They couldn’t afford to pay him and he didn’t want to take a pay cut. But either way, if he wants a 1 year deal, he’s a fool.

Any free agent that is past 30 sees a sharp dip in pay vs players younger than that number. Let alone a FA at 32. He will be lucky if he can crack double figures next year. Had he been released sooner he probably sees $14m/year offers. But a year older? That number likely goes down to $10-11m.

If it’s a one year rental than I agree with the opinion that would have us move on from this deal. The report I saw says he wanted to play for a “contender”. But a one year deal completely goes against the reality of a hungry veteran looking to win. Sounds more like a guy that wants his cake and to eat it too. That’s the kind of guy that messes up team chemistry. I only want him if he’s looking to add to the culture of the team, not if he’s only looking to take away from it.

I agree with this. McCoy on a 3 year deal where he might be expensive but still would offer significant contribution if his snaps was managed correctly is a lot more promising than a 1-year deal, where he he mostly would be looking at creating a better market for himself. S

• Like 1

Bad move by McCoy. We could've given him a new home, quite literally a new football life. As we've done for so many other veteran imports over the years. He'll regret this. Cam Newton is never going to win the Super Bowl. It's not going to happen. We saw what he was made of when he miraculously made it there before..

fraidycam.0.gif

Cam wasn't built for this. And now he's even farther removed from his best days. 

Then again, this clearly wasn't about winning for McCoy. So in the end it's good he didn't come here. He wasn't the player we wanted. We're looking for a championship cog, someone who wants to be a part of the brutal core we've built. Not some rental shell looking to flex at his old team....

He won't be able to come here next year either. Our FO pushed hard on this one, and EDC doesn't strike me as a forgiving man. Or someone who re-recruits players that have revealed they're no longer interested in winning championships- if they ever were. 

This was always going to be a No Sting-Big High result for Raven fans. We all knew we didn't need him, and losing out on him is painless. He would've made a good interior rush piece, but now we simply get to see more of our young up and comers.

Sieler/Wormley- Pierce/Williams/Mack -Henry/Willis.   ...Won't see me complaining. Add in some of our EDGE players taking inside reps, and you've got an upgrade from what we had last year. 

giphy.gif

c0a3d173-6b92-4bd3-8908-a66386a2fc69-Sie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Sieler/Wormley- Pierce/Williams/Mack -Henry/Willis.   ...Won't see me complaining. Add in some of our EDGE players taking inside reps, and you've got an upgrade from what we had last year. 

giphy.gif

c0a3d173-6b92-4bd3-8908-a66386a2fc69-Sie

I want Sieler to have a huge training camp and preseason so that he wins a starting spot then we can have an all small school starting DL with him, Pierce, and Williams.

Think about all that strength.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I want Sieler to have a huge training camp and preseason so that he wins a starting spot then we can have an all small school starting DL with him, Pierce, and Williams.

Including Judon, you could have a-  Grand Valley State/Judon - Ferris State/Sieler - Missouri Southern/Williams - Samford/Pierce   front line. It's actually incredible when you think about it. On possibly the NFL's top defense too. A fitting lineup for EDC's first year, his small school fetish has blessed us with riches. 

Carr is another GVSU guy IIRC, and Peanut though he started at Arizona(as a WR no less) came to us from Portland State. 

27 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Including Judon, you could have a-  Grand Valley State/Judon - Ferris State/Sieler - Missouri Southern/Williams - Samford/Pierce   front line. It's actually incredible when you think about it. On possibly the NFL's top defense too. A fitting lineup for EDC's first year, his small school fetish has blessed us with riches. 

Carr is another GVSU guy IIRC, and Peanut though he started at Arizona(as a WR no less) came to us from Portland State. 

Oh believe me I thought about that too. I wasn't aware that Judon put up 30 reps at the combine too however :o

Give me them 4-3 looks maaaan.

RE: Matt Judon
NT: Brandon Williams
DT: Michael Pierce
LE: Zach Sieler
WLB: Kenny Young
MLB: Patrick Onwuasor
SLB: Tyus Bowser 

:ph34r:

35 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Oh believe me I thought about that too. I wasn't aware that Judon put up 30 reps at the combine too however :o

Give me them 4-3 looks maaaan.

RE: Matt Judon
NT: Brandon Williams
DT: Michael Pierce
LE: Zach Sieler
WLB: Kenny Young
MLB: Patrick Onwuasor
SLB: Tyus Bowser 

:ph34r:

Ouch, that actually looks really really good on paper. Then sub in Williams as a left end and McPhee for Williams and Wormley for Pierce and that has some serious pass rush upside without being completely inable to stop the run

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Ouch, that actually looks really really good on paper. Then sub in Williams as a left end and McPhee for Williams and Wormley for Pierce and that has some serious pass rush upside without being completely inable to stop the run

Don't forget about Willie Henry, unless you're just not a fan.

This is how I was thinking the depth would look:

RE: Matt Judon/Tim Williams/Shane Ray
NT: Brandon Williams/Chris Wormley/Daylon Mack
3T: Michael Pierce/Willie Henry/Gerald Willis
LE: Zach Sieler/Pernell McPhee/Jaylon Ferguson

• Like 1