Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Don't know wwhere else to talk about this Harbaugh presser, but it sounds like Mosley isn't going anywhere:

Also sounds like Harbs is really trying to get that 3rd rounder for Joe Flacco in a trade lol

Also obligatory "If this is what you really believe why did the Ravens never do that for him?"

He also said he wants Weddle to stay so who knows. Could just be him saying that about everyone so as not to tip their hand or create any bad feeling with anyone who might be around next year. 

I think DeCosta's presser next week will probably help clarify some of this in terms of who we're talking about definitively keeping around. 

One of Mosley or Weddle are definitely staying. Can't boot them both out without leaving a huge leadership void on defense, even if Suggs is retained as well. He's not an on-field organizer. Those other two are. And if I had to pick one or the other it would be C.J. I like Eric a lot but he's going downhill fast and a liability on the back-end is more glaring. Especially when you're forced to play next to Tony Jefferson. I think he's gone next offseason, not this one. 

25 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

One of Mosley or Weddle are definitely staying. Can't boot them both out without leaving a huge leadership void on defense, even if Suggs is retained as well. He's not an on-field organizer. Those other two are. And if I had to pick one or the other it would be C.J. I like Eric a lot but he's going downhill fast and a liability on the back-end is more glaring. Especially when you're forced to play next to Tony Jefferson. I think he's gone next offseason, not this one. 

I don't think you'll find anyone here who, given the option of Mosley or Weddle, would choose Weddle.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think you'll find anyone here who, given the option of Mosley or Weddle, would choose Weddle.

Depends on if you're solely looking at their play own on the field or taking other things into account as well. 

Purely about on field production Mosley is a no brainer.  But its Weddle that is the one that is praised for disguising coverages, not Mosley.  And keeping Mosley means a multi year, likely $10m+ contract, whereas Weddle is 1 year at $9.25m.  Both those things could be argued for Weddle over CJ

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I’m in the Weddle camp.

18 hours ago, drd23 said:

Depends on if you're solely looking at their play own on the field or taking other things into account as well. 

Purely about on field production Mosley is a no brainer.  But its Weddle that is the one that is praised for disguising coverages, not Mosley.  And keeping Mosley means a multi year, likely $10m+ contract, whereas Weddle is 1 year at $9.25m.  Both those things could be argued for Weddle over CJ

These are my reasons. Both are liabilities. But I prefer to take the liability that is the lower investment.

Also I feel in addition to this, Weddle for all of his decline, actually has fire and really WANTS to win a championship. He’s going to give that last season his all. Whereas Mosley is a young player that is already on the decline. Perhaps it’s because I don’t see his grind, but I just can’t help but believe that you don’t go from being one of the best young players in the game to a liability without their being work ethic or motivation or rehabbing defincies. I’ve just never seen it.

I don’t trust Mosley to not completely fall apart after another 2-3 years, let alone a deal that will likely go for 5 years.

So yeah, I’m most certainly team Weddle, if we upgrade from Tony Jefferson than Weddle doesn’t look quite so bad. He is a fantastic blitzer and disguises coverages. A cover 1 safety could make Weddle look a lot better.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m in the Weddle camp.

These are my reasons. Both are liabilities. But I prefer to take the liability that is the lower investment.

Also I feel in addition to this, Weddle for all of his decline, actually has fire and really WANTS to win a championship. He’s going to give that last season his all. Whereas Mosley is a young player that is already on the decline. Perhaps it’s because I don’t see his grind, but I just can’t help but believe that you don’t go from being one of the best young players in the game to a liability without their being work ethic or motivation or rehabbing defincies. I’ve just never seen it.

I don’t trust Mosley to not completely fall apart after another 2-3 years, let alone a deal that will likely go for 5 years.

So yeah, I’m most certainly team Weddle, if we upgrade from Tony Jefferson than Weddle doesn’t look quite so bad. He is a fantastic blitzer and disguises coverages. A cover 1 safety could make Weddle look a lot better.

I could be in the Weddle camp for the same reasons. As you mentioned - with Mosley we could end up paying a player already on the decline. We have seen some playmaking abilites from Young, Peanut, we have Levine who is a part of that dime group and next year DeShon Elliot could be part of that as well.

Then there is the younger guys in Bradley and Board, and we could find some more speed at the position in the draft. Weddle would give us a transition year to bring in a young centerfielder.

If there is one thing Mike Lombardi IS right about (because he is mostly wrong about everything he makes up himself and have not been told), it is that if your inside linebacker(s) are slow, your defense is slow. Whether it is injuries or just a lot of mileage on Mosleys body, he sometimes looks like Ray Lewis out there, when he was older and more sluggish.

And I think Mosley is a great player, but I don't know if he is the right investment. In that regard I am more interested in keeping Zardarius Smith.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

I could be in the Weddle camp for the same reasons. As you mentioned - with Mosley we could end up paying a player already on the decline. We have seen some playmaking abilites from Young, Peanut, we have Levine who is a part of that dime group and next year DeShon Elliot could be part of that as well.

Then there is the younger guys in Bradley and Board, and we could find some more speed at the position in the draft. Weddle would give us a transition year to bring in a young centerfielder.

If there is one thing Mike Lombardi IS right about (because he is mostly wrong about everything he makes up himself and have not been told), it is that if your inside linebacker(s) are slow, your defense is slow. Whether it is injuries or just a lot of mileage on Mosleys body, he sometimes looks like Ray Lewis out there, when he was older and more sluggish.

And I think Mosley is a great player, but I don't know if he is the right investment. In that regard I am more interested in keeping Zardarius Smith.

You're playing with fire by quoting Mike Lombardi.  The gears in my head are starting to turn toward "slow ILBs may actually be a good thing."

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

You're playing with fire by quoting Mike Lombardi.  The gears in my head are starting to turn toward "slow ILBs may actually be a good thing."

Its one legit point he actually has. The Patriots however also showed you can play great defense with "slow" linebackers.