Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

19 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Eh. I tend to stay away from comparing players in that sort of fashion. Tim Williams is not any of the guys who have flashed and failed before. He's Tim Williams. We don't know anything about his trajectory is at this point because of the circumstances of him not seeing the field. A guy not being able to retain enough weight to actually play is kind of a new one for the Ravens I think. It isn't a matter of talent or that talent translating to the NFL field. That's happened. Just have to hope the team gets him the right conditioning system/people in place to keep his mass at a suitable level.

My point was just, that we have seen players flash, but never amount to anything. Tim Williams and Bowser are hopefully not those types of players, but as Dreamkid also mentioned, we have so far close to wasted a 2. round and a 3. round pick on those two.

https://www.cbssports.com/print/nfl/transactions

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2019

Baltimore Ravens Alex Collins off IR, foot

Baltimore Ravens Bam Bradley Activated from PUPL

Baltimore Ravens De'Lance Turner off IR, hamstring

Baltimore Ravens DeShon Elliott off IR, fractured forearm

Baltimore Ravens Greg Senat off IR, toe

Baltimore Ravens Jaleel Scott off IR, hamstring

Baltimore Ravens Jaylen Hill Activated from PUPL

Baltimore Ravens Kaare Vedvik reinstated

Baltimore Ravens Quincy Adeboyejo Activated from PUPL

Baltimore Ravens Stanley Jean-Baptiste off IR, broken arm

Baltimore Ravens Willie Henry off IR, abdomen

For a season where we was almost completely healthy, I could see several of those guys having a chance to make the team next year.

Collins in a rotational role as a runningback, De'Lance Turner the same - especially if he can be an option in the passing game.

Bam Bradley could be a thumber at inside linebacker, which we don't have, and a core special teamer.

Elliot could very well compete for a starting job at free safety

Greg Senat could be primary backup to Stanley/swing tackle

Scott I have little faith in will become anything else but a practice squad player or cut

Hill I believe has one last chance to make the roster but could come in play if we lose someone in free agency

Vedvik was promising and could be a trade option

Adeboyejo I don't see much potential with

Jean-Baptiste the same as Hill

Henry could be the rotational player on the dline when we lose either Urban, Smith or both

We can not write any of our pass rushers off. The one sliding the most is Bowser to me verse Williams. Sure, I agree with @DreamKid in the essence that something happened last year to put Tim in the dog house. His pre-season play was enough to warrant a solid rotational minutes role heading into regular season. I believe the way we draft will be a true tell tale sign of where we stand with both players. There is a couple mid round pass rushers that have been slotted in mock drafts for the ravens, who show the same potential these two did pre-draft. I still believe we are one season away from really knowing what the future holds.

It took guys like Ellerbe, McPhee, Lawrence and Henry 2-4 seasons to really shine in our system. I believe we will get a 6-7 sack season out of Williams if he comes in with the same drive we saw last pre-season. Pair Williams, Judon,  Suggs along with being backed up by Bowser and a rookie, I'd be happy to see that on the field next season.

Yes, it makes perfect sense. We traded a late round pick for Ty Montgomery. So naturally we'd be interested in paying franchise money to Le'Veon Bell, an injury prone running back with nearly 2,000 touches on his tires. 

lol Even his playing style isn't a match. That patience was great for him in the steeler's system, but our coaches are looking for North/South runners that don't waste time. It just isn't a fit. 

50 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yes, it makes perfect sense. We traded a late round pick for Ty Montgomery. So naturally we'd be interested in paying franchise money to Le'Veon Bell, an injury prone running back with nearly 2,000 touches on his tires. 

lol Even his playing style isn't a match. That patience was great for him in the steeler's system, but our coaches are looking for North/South runners that don't waste time. It just isn't a fit. 

What he wants and what he just did the past year makes me doubt he is even on our radar.

If we want a guy who fits the scheme but with a little more burst than what we already got, I think Elijah Holyfield is an option.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Ravens Fun Fact: Did you know that in every game where Tyus Bowser has played more than 20 snaps, he's recorded a sack? In fact, the one time he played more than 30 snaps in a game...he won the Defensive Rookie of the Week Award!

293d612908cda42fd2e238be459a5db3.png

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE DAY FREAKING ONE!

The more PT he gets, the more he produces...but we just refuse to play him in a full-time role because....favoritism towards Judon? Suggs' legacy? Idk.

I don't really want Bell but I don't think it'd be a disaster as long as the contract was shorter term even if it's for big money. Granted this year we've got the big Flacco cap hold but beyond that we're gonna have a small window where it makes sense to make signings like that and go for it with Lamar on his rookie contract. And let's be real Lamar/Bell together would probably be electric. The fact that Bell just took a year off makes me feel better about his wear and tear as well.