Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

IMO get rid of Crabtree. You'd think he's a possession receiver, but his drops tell another story. The hard decision for me is do we cut Crabtree and hope for another FA acquisition or draft pick, or do we roll with Crabtree and hope he doesn't have another season of leading the NFL in drops despite a limited amount of catch opportunities?

Jefferson I'm already 110% on board with cutting, even with the dead money. That dude was such a bad signing if we were expecting to get an "all-around" safety. I thought we would play him in the box and use him to his potential, but nope! If we're looking for safeties who can basically do everything, why do we keep giving bargain FA deals to box safeties like Kendrick Lewis and Tony Jefferson and drafting safeties like Matt Elam?! Either get a safety with some freaking range or accept that you're playing one safety deep and one in the box.

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Give me Adam Humphries!

What do you like so much about him? Seems like a decent slot receiver but honestly I feel like between Snead/Hurst/Andrews we have a bunch of guys who sort of fit the 'possession' receiver role. I'd ideally want someone who either stretches the field or has more shiftiness/YAC ability. 

Brandon Carr: Keep

Michael Crabtree: Couldn't catch AIDs from a hooker, please cut

Joe Flacco: Trade/cut. 

Tony Jefferson: Keep

Sam Koch: Cut

Jimmy Smith: Keep

Willie Snead: Keep

Eric Weddle: Cut

Brandon Williams: Begrudgingly keep

Marshal Yanda: Keep

Free agents to chase: Tavon Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson - I think both could do wonders in a hybrid role in a pistol offense.

Edited by alfalcone
spelling

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

What do you like so much about him? Seems like a decent slot receiver but honestly I feel like between Snead/Hurst/Andrews we have a bunch of guys who sort of fit the 'possession' receiver role. I'd ideally want someone who either stretches the field or has more shiftiness/YAC ability. 

He doesn't drop balls and he's pretty damn quick.

10 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I am sad. However, White had opportunities and didn't capitalize on them. Kick returner is still an issue on the team. Looks like Cyrus is locking down the punt returner spot though.

Tim White's shining moment was that clutch catch in Steelers 1 this year. No one saw that coming. 

Yea Cyrus has looked great as a punt returner, but we have so many CBs it's hard to see a place for him next season. At least at this point. CB depth is fickle.

15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Tim White's shining moment was that clutch catch in Steelers 1 this year. No one saw that coming. 

Yea Cyrus has looked great as a punt returner, but we have so many CBs it's hard to see a place for him next season. At least at this point. CB depth is fickle.

Yeah. Hill and Elliot coming back hurt his chances of sticking around. His best bet is the team not really thinking of him as a cornerback, more of a general special teams player. 

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Yeah. Hill and Elliot coming back hurt his chances of sticking around. His best bet is the team not really thinking of him as a cornerback, more of a general special teams player. 

His worst bet is us drafting a skill position player with big time return ability. Or even a Nasir Adderley, who like Ed can return punts. 

When it was first reported which PS players had signed reserve/future contracts and White wasn't among them I was almost certain that he was moving on.  That's 2 years that he's tried and failed to cement a place on the Ravens roster as either a WR or a returner, and at some point he needed to move on and have a new environment to work in and new eyes evaluating him.

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

and at some point he needed to move on and have a new environment to work in and new eyes evaluating him.

Hope it works out for him better than it did Chad Hansen. Kid had great film out of Cal, is drafted in the 4th Round and then is given no shot. He didn't play poorly, he wasn't a locker room cancer. Nothing. They just wanted room for elsewhere on the roster. Perfect example of how some players are drafted in this league and never actually vetted correctly. Luckily for Chad he's now on the Broncos PS, a much better situation. 

I wonder what RFA tender we'll give to Alex Collins. It seems like the organization kind of gave up on him this year so a 1st or 2nd round tender seems unlikely. If he ends up at a cheaper original round tender then I could see someone signing him and us taking the 5th round pick rather than matching. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I wonder what RFA tender we'll give to Alex Collins. It seems like the organization kind of gave up on him this year so a 1st or 2nd round tender seems unlikely. If he ends up at a cheaper original round tender then I could see someone signing him and us taking the 5th round pick rather than matching. 

I think this is the right thing to do. Unless Collins really had an injured foot that hindered him throughout the season, he showed to be the same back he was in the first season. I still think there should be room for him on the roster, especially if he can improve in pass blocking and catching as he is the most explosive guy we have in space. Him being a featured back doesn't seem to fit him though.

I would still like to find that Darren Sproles/Tarik Cohen type of running back in the draft. A Bryce Love taking in the later rounds could make sense as well as Darrell Henderson