Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

21 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I posted Edgar's video on Bowser in this forum. And no one is overrating him as a pass rusher. 

No they don't. Tim Williams and Suggs aren't great athletes, yet their pass rush was celebrated. Judon isn't a great athlete. Jaylon Ferguson isn't a good athlete, everyone for the most part is happy about him.

No one is mistaken about anything. He's an ace in coverage and more raw as a pass rusher. He has a great motor though, and all the other traits necessary to become a great pass rusher. His pressure rate is fine, and he's shown that with more opportunity he can produce. 

He has a go to long arm technique. Counters and the feel for them are developed through experience & trial and error. They'll come.

Don't mask disagreement with my argument as measured commentary on the exchange. You already made your feelings on the subject known pages ago.

i'm not masking anything man you're the one in here literally saying things like "you're not allowed to talk about this stuff SO DONT. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT" lol you should try and relax...but alright, whatever you say.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danand said:

This would also be a good listen for those in NFL general, but I doubt they will change their opinion on Jackson.

This will all prolly get moved to the offense thread(ROT). I posted that podcast there a couple days ago, and it was a great listen.

One of the quickest indications of someone clearly being completely unaware of who Lamar is as player. Is them bashing his ability in the pocket, or his ability to go through his progressions.

He's scary calm in the pocket at times, and I love it. He stands in there like man, unfazed, with his eyes downfield. It's one of the best qualities you could ever ask for in a QB1 prospect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

For real. I can't even escape the stupidity in real life; my co-workers project the Browns to win the division and the Ravens to AT BEST go 6-10. And I work in freaking Baltimore lol.

So much of it is based around them adding OBJ, and I don't get why that is swaying people so much. The Steelers didn't win the division last year with JuJu and AB,  plus that fat slob of theirs at QB. Along with their supposedly elite head coach.

We downed the Falcons like it was nothing with their Julio/Calvin Ridley duo.

I'm actually excited about what they've done. They added a piece which plays into our strength(CB), and then got rid of Kevin Zeitler. I'll take that trade off. 

it's understandable for rivals to be latching on to the lamar can't throw narrative

they know that's really all they have, especially considering their teams - for the most part - lost to the team who has a QB "who can't throw".

they will learn this year or we will. i'm confident it will be them

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This will all prolly get moved to the offense thread(ROT). I posted that podcast there a couple days ago, and it was a great listen.

One of the quickest indications of someone clearly being completely unaware of who Lamar is as player. Is them bashing his ability in the pocket, or his ability to go through his progressions.

He's scary calm in the pocket at times, and I love it. He stands in there like man, unfazed, with his eyes downfield. It's one of the best qualities you could ever ask for in a QB1 prospect.

Next thing is, he is criticized for holding the ball too long. I watched the Chiefs game again last night, and Lamar holding the ball too long instead of taking off or rolling out led to bad plays like a very deep sack from Chris Jones and a lost fumble.

It was already mentioned on this board last season, that we this year should play more spread thus giving Lamar more room to scramble. Worked well with Josh Allen and with more speed on the field, getting defenses stretched could lead to those "easy" conversions with Lamars speed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

getting defenses stretched could lead to those "easy" conversions with Lamars speed.

I love when his detractors go on about "The gimmick is over". lol What gimmick?

They act like he is commanding extra attention...just cause. Or that linebackers and safeties are forced to hesitate..just cause. No, if you try and crash early on the running back. Lamar is going to pull it and torch you for 10-15 up and down the field. If defenders get caught on their heels with eyes in the backfield. Lamar is going to hit Hayden & Mark over them, again and again. 

Another favorite of mine is the "The Chargers exposed him" narrative. Yea, I'll worry about that when all teams in the league get the exact same players as the Chargers. And even then it's a highly questionable take. 

• Like 1

The Chargers figured out the Ravens offense and then dominated on the line. That is the key to stop every offense in the league. It is weird how most fans can't recognize that.

It was Lamars worst game, mostly due to the amount of fumbles he made. As Michael Crawford mentioned in the podcast, it should be viewed as a positive, that Lamar managed to bounce back in a game that would make most QB's selfdestruct mentally. How Lamar bounced back was completely different to the Jared Goff we saw in the super bowl.

I am excited, but I am also ready for a down year, as we have to rebound properly on both sides of the ball against a much tougher schedule than last year. It wouldn't surprise me that Lamar improves statistically, but we have lesser succes on offense as we have to gel a lot of new players and apply a new scheme.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 8:15 AM, Danand said:

The Chargers figured out the Ravens offense and then dominated on the line. That is the key to stop every offense in the league. It is weird how most fans can't recognize that.

It was Lamars worst game, mostly due to the amount of fumbles he made. As Michael Crawford mentioned in the podcast, it should be viewed as a positive, that Lamar managed to bounce back in a game that would make most QB's selfdestruct mentally. How Lamar bounced back was completely different to the Jared Goff we saw in the super bowl.

I am excited, but I am also ready for a down year, as we have to rebound properly on both sides of the ball against a much tougher schedule than last year. It wouldn't surprise me that Lamar improves statistically, but we have lesser succes on offense as we have to gel a lot of new players and apply a new scheme.

The Ravens lack of diversity on offense just killed them. This year if teams play dime personnel against us as base defense, we should be able to just run off tackle and destroy them. The offense just didn't have those basic power running plays in the playbook with Lamar, everything was read option, jet sweeps, side to side motion. 

• Like 1