Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

https://russellstreetreport.com/2019/01/28/baltimore-ravens-salary-cap/ravens-salary-cap-update-7/

With the above 10 players signed to Reserve/Future contracts, the Ravens currently have 55 players under contract for a Rule of 51 Cap commitment of $165,371,443. With the Cap estimated to be in the $187-191M range, the Ravens presently (before the PPE is officially added in and before incentive adjustments, RFA and ERFA tenders) have between $25.6M and $30.6M in available Cap space. But, be careful, that amount is likely to decrease greatly when the PPE, incentives and RFA/ERFA tenders are added in. Still, the Ravens should be in their best Cap position in many years.

And for what it's worth Brian's estimated cap space after PPE, incentives, and tenders are added in is $12,902,757.

• Like 1

Eric isn't going to come out and say we don't want to retain a player's services. $$$$ will always be the key. I'd be fine with keeping ZDS too, just not at the price we all imagine he's going to cost. 

Michael Pierce is the most interesting player in FA for me. 

The Zardarius comment seems about as close to confirmation as he can get at this stage that we're definitely not bringing him back.

But every signal about Mosley so far seems to suggest we really want him back and think we'll get a deal done, and I still somewhat hope that's just smoke, especially if a franchise tag is on the table. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Eric isn't going to come out and say we don't want to retain a player's services. $$$$ will always be the key. I'd be fine with keeping ZDS too, just not at the price we all imagine he's going to cost. 

Michael Pierce is the most interesting player in FA for me. 

Which one of Zardarius Smith and CJ Mosley would cost the most to retain? And which one would be easier to replace? I could actually see them favor Z. Smith in the equation.

Michael Pierce can be tendered, right? Tender him and if he keeps it up, extend him and either cut or trade Brandon Williams unless he does more on the field.

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

Which one of Zardarius Smith and CJ Mosley would cost the most to retain? And which one would be easier to replace? I could actually see them favor Z. Smith in the equation.

A 26 YO Inside/Outside rusher is going to cost a lot more to retain imo. 

ZDS will be harder to replace because of his versatility. Luckily though we have some young talent in the pipeline like Bowser & Willams outside and Sieler & Henry inside.

17 minutes ago, Danand said:

Michael Pierce can be tendered, right? Tender him and if he keeps it up, extend him and either cut or trade Brandon Williams unless he does more on the field.

I think there's a big chance we tender Pierce with a 2nd, and then get that 2nd for him. 

One of the reasons why I want us to retain a player like Zardarius Smith and CJ Mosley as well as players like Carr and Jimmy Smith is that our defense worked with those pieces, and with how strong especially dline and pass rushers is in this draft, I think it will push players down on the offensive side of the ball.

I think a lot of talent at WR and RB will be available in the 4-5 round. I don't see much of a need to bring in free agents. I would rather let those we brought in last year walk.

5 hours ago, Danand said:

If we tender Pierce and he plays well in 2019, we can't extend him. He'll be a FA, we'd have to use the franchise tag or pay market value.  

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

ZDS will be harder to replace because of his versatility. Luckily though we have some young talent in the pipeline like Bowser & Willams outside and Sieler & Henry inside.

How is he versatile? I never thought he excelled in coverage or holding the edge. He's a good but not great pass rusher, not much more than that.  

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

How is he versatile?

Well mainly because he's a legitimate inside/outside rusher. Which you gives you more options for him as a player. That versatility was key for us this year. It let us get more pass rushers on the field.

5 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

How is he versatile? I never thought he excelled in coverage or holding the edge. He's a good but not great pass rusher, not much more than that.  

If we take the hurries, pressures and QB hits into the equation, what he did this year was matched by only the top pass rushers in the NFL.

As a former 3. round pick he will most likely use his best season to get the biggest contract he can get, and that will most likely be out of our price range, but we shouldn't neglect the performance and the plays he made this year. 

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Well mainly because he's a legitimate inside/outside rusher. Which you gives you more options for him as a player. That versatility was key for us this year. It let us get more pass rushers on the field.

It's unfortunate that he's really only a pass rusher though. He doesn't play the run well and can't play in coverage. I'm not even considering the possibility of having him back next year because I think some team is going to massively overpay for him and try to play him as an every-down linebacker or DE and be extremely disappointed with the results.