Boston College's Frank Piraino named Strength Coach

KingTitan

I also feel our next OC will be heavy in running the ball. Think a more creative Mularkey if that makes sense. Marcus is better when the run game is going. Henry is clearly the lead back and damn near led us to our playoffs. I think Vrabel wants to run the ball especially with what he knows he has at QB. I don’t expect us to go after a guy who wants a spread system. Might go back to a power scheme.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I also feel our next OC will be heavy in running the ball. Think a more creative Mularkey if that makes sense. Marcus is better when the run game is going. Henry is clearly the lead back and damn near led us to our playoffs. I think Vrabel wants to run the ball especially with what he knows he has at QB. I don’t expect us to go after a guy who wants a spread system. Might go back to a power scheme.

I think you're right and I think that's what Vrabel wants, but it's not what I necessarily want. If we've been right all year about Mariota and who he is, then thats absolutely what we should do.

But if there is any chance we're wrong and he's just being wasted in an offense that doesn't fit his skillset for 3+ years, I'd like to try going shotgun, 3 WR.

I think the offense Trubisky is running is what Mariota needs to be in.

If we find the right guy, we can still be a run dominant team, while still being a spread type. 

When you think of KC, Hunt was a big part of that success.  Same with Saints and their running game. 
Ohio State, I consider a spread team, but consistently ranks among the top running squads. 
Running the ball doesn't have to come from just Jumbo personnel. 
I'd hope to find the right guy that can establish the run, while not being predictable with the formations and calls.  
I hope he goes back to the BC well and get their OC, Scott Loeffler. I like his adaptability and style. 

Archived