Elky

Josh McDaniels staying for 2019

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9281/josh-mcdaniels

Josh McDaniels said the "book is closed" on head coaching interviews for 2019.

McDaniels' only known interview was with the Packers, who decided to hire ex-Titans OC Matt LaFleur to be their head coach. With that job no longer available, it looks like McDaniels will be back in New England for another season. It will be his eighth year in a row and 11th overall running the Patriots' offense.

He may be saying the book is closed, but he also said he'd be the Colts HC this season. Not ready to sit here and say he wont move on until all HC positions are filled. 

I don't trust nor like Josh McDaniels very much. At least there is continuity I guess.

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He may be saying the book is closed, but he also said he'd be the Colts HC this season. Not ready to sit here and say he wont move on until all HC positions are filled. 

McDaniels has bad people skills, but I don't think he's dumb enough to piss off Belichick.

Just curious did he turn down opportunities of other jobs because Belichick might be done after this season? Im surprised he wouldnt look at the Browns or the Jets considering they both have young QB talent, some talent around those guys and cap space to make them successful. So to me it seems a bit odd that he would only look at Packers and then say Im done once LaFleur took the job, both of those organizations have struggled in the past but they look like they are on the rise now. Even with Jets being in the division it would still be something a Coach would want to look at/ interview before saying No thanks.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Just curious did he turn down opportunities of other jobs because Belichick might be done after this season? Im surprised he wouldnt look at the Browns or the Jets considering they both have young QB talent, some talent around those guys and cap space to make them successful. So to me it seems a bit odd that he would only look at Packers and then say Im done once LaFleur took the job, both of those organizations have struggled in the past but they look like they are on the rise now. Even with Jets being in the division it would still be something a Coach would want to look at/ interview before saying No thanks.

People talked about the Broncos like that back in the day. Cutler was still young and on an upward trend. 

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

You would think those situations would be something a prospective head coach might look into, and yes...to fail to do so is, indeed, "a bit odd".

Speculation has been--since he burned the Colts last year, anyway--he's holding out for Belichick's retirement. We'll see.