Cardinals Hire Kliff Kingsburry as next Head Coach

49erurtaza

Nothing to do with whether he will be good or not, but the more I read about this,the more I’m convinced this is one hell of an agent grift hire. The Cardinals were the first to take the bite believing they had to without possibly having the time to do full due diligence. Pretty extraordinary job from Kinsgbury’s agent.

7 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

This thread has more posts than the Cards page.

To be fair, this story has more excitement than the Cards season did.   And that's coming from a team fanbase that had to watch Case Keenum play for 16 games, so I full well can identify with the sentiment lol.

There are many different personalities a HC can have and be successful. Soft spoken and cheesy isn't one of them. Obviously, we don't know how he's gonna come across to his team at this point but every time I see the guy talk - twitter video, introductory press conference, Good Morning Football - he seems like an awkward dude.

20 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Baker should be nothing but thankful for Kingsbury and Tech because without them nobody knows who he is.

True, it isn't like Mayfield had the highest rating for a college QB ever during the 2016/17 season and finished 3rd in the Heisman.

Kingsbury record with Mayfield starting: 5-0. After losing his job after injury they were:

2013: 3-5
2014: 4-8
2015: 7-6
2016: 5-7
2017: 6-7
2018: 5-7

Maybe, just maybe they should have stuck with Mayfield as their starter. I suppose Davis Webb just looked better to him, maybe the Cardinals can get Davis Webb, oh he transferred out too claiming he didn't get a fair shot. Gonna be fun seeing how long Rosen lasts as starter.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

True, it isn't like Mayfield had the highest rating for a college QB ever during the 2016/17 season and finished 3rd in the Heisman.

Kingsbury record with Mayfield starting: 5-0. After losing his job after injury they were:

2013: 3-5
2014: 4-8
2015: 7-6
2016: 5-7
2017: 6-7
2018: 5-7

Maybe, just maybe they should have stuck with Mayfield as their starter. I suppose Davis Webb just looked better to him, maybe the Cardinals can get Davis Webb, oh he transferred out too claiming he didn't get a fair shot. Gonna be fun seeing how long Rosen lasts as starter.

Lol this is so misinformed I don’t even know where to start.

yeah Mayfield did great things at OU, AFTER he already won Big 12 freshman of the year at Tech. He was put on the map at Tech. Everything after that was in part due to his success at Tech.

2013 they started out 5-0 with wins over powerhouses SMU, SFA, Texas State, Kansas and TCU. Hmmm TCU is pretty good? Yeah but they went 4-8 that year. Also interesting is that Webb threw the GW touchdown pass in that game, while Mayfield threw 3 picks.

Mayfield also returned and started the last 3 games of the 2013 season, going 0-3 vs Kansas St, Baylor and Texas.

Mayfield was the starter when he decided to transfer, he just wasn’t guaranteed the starting job in the future. Webb also transferred from TTU to Cal on great terms, he graduated, waited his turn, and was behind Mahomes as a senior. Nothing but love for Davis Webb.

19 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Lol this is so misinformed I don’t even know where to start.

yeah Mayfield did great things at OU, AFTER he already won Big 12 freshman of the year at Tech. He was put on the map at Tech. Everything after that was in part due to his success at Tech.

2013 they started out 5-0 with wins over powerhouses SMU, SFA, Texas State, Kansas and TCU. Hmmm TCU is pretty good? Yeah but they went 4-8 that year. Also interesting is that Webb threw the GW touchdown pass in that game, while Mayfield threw 3 picks.

Mayfield also returned and started the last 3 games of the 2013 season, going 0-3 vs Kansas St, Baylor and Texas.

Mayfield was the starter when he decided to transfer, he just wasn’t guaranteed the starting job in the future. Webb also transferred from TTU to Cal on great terms, he graduated, waited his turn, and was behind Mahomes as a senior. Nothing but love for Davis Webb.

"I felt that I didn't get a fair chance at Texas Tech to compete, for an assortment of reasons, but reasons I couldn't really control," Webb said. "It just motivates me every day to prove those people wrong."

Lots of love there.

To credit TT with a walk on freshman winning the QB job (and losing it) and saying no one would ever know who he was if it weren't for TT is ridiculous. He is probably the NFL OROY. He would have (and did) just walked on elsewhere and won a starting job and Heisman. I hope if he does win OROY that he gives all of the credit to TT.

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

"I felt that I didn't get a fair chance at Texas Tech to compete, for an assortment of reasons, but reasons I couldn't really control," Webb said. "It just motivates me every day to prove those people wrong."

Lots of love there.

To credit TT with a walk on freshman winning the QB job (and losing it) and saying no one would ever know who he was if it weren't for TT is ridiculous. He is probably the NFL OROY. He would have (and did) just walked on elsewhere and won a starting job and Heisman. I hope if he does win OROY that he gives all of the credit to TT.

That quote was taken out of context. As you can see, Webb has plenty of love for TTU and Kliff. All these tweets from the last few months.

Baker got lucky that the top 2 QB’s in front of him at TTU got hurt and he was forced to start. He got lucky that he had Kliff (and Lincoln Riley) as his coaches, 2 of the top offensive minds in football.

You’re kidding yourself if you think he could have walked on at Iowa or Colorado and done what he did.

3 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

You’re kidding yourself if you think he could have walked on at Iowa or Colorado and done what he did.

Yeah, the likely NFL OROY couldn't have walked on anywhere besides TT. Odds are if he did the coach would see enough to stick with him. Unless it is Hue Jackson or Kliff of course.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, the likely NFL OROY couldn't have walked on anywhere besides TT. Odds are if he did the coach would see enough to stick with him. Unless it is Hue Jackson or Kliff of course.

haha, yes indeed. I am certain that there are a bunch of players that have lucked into playing time because their college HC saw something in them others didnt.

I don't think that someone who has the talent to likely win NFL OROY and nearly gets the Browns (who had a 4-44 w/l record before him) into the NFL playoffs as a rookie QB is someone who couldnt have been succesfull at Iowa or Colorado.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:04 AM, Roninho said:

don't think that someone who has the talent to likely win NFL OROY and nearly gets the Browns (who had a 4-44 w/l record before him) into the NFL playoffs as a rookie QB is someone who couldnt have been succesfull at Iowa or Colorado.

It's crazy that people don't think his college coaches matter. Did you see him under Hue?

Archived