Cardinals Hire Kliff Kingsburry as next Head Coach

49erurtaza

38 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Even worse this shows horrible decision making on his part. He had a baller name like Pete, which we all know is associated with the coolest people, and he went with the crappy, not a real spelling, Kliff? This guy is straight trash

I legit think 'Peter' is the worst name I've ever heard. Like real name though that people use.

I’ve watched a lot of Texas Tech football over the years, and I’ve never seen a quarterback come through with anywhere near the talent of Mahomes. Mike Leach had a much better record with guys like Sonny Cumby, Graham Harrell, BJ Simmons, and Kliff Kingsbury at QB. His defenses were not good either. I figured Kliff would be an offensive coordinator in the NFL or college and then work his way back up to being a head coach again. My wife was a student at Tech when he was QB and loved that he was their head coach. Even she doesn’t understand this move.

2 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I’ve watched a lot of Texas Tech football over the years, and I’ve never seen a quarterback come through with anywhere near the talent of Mahomes. Mike Leach had a much better record with guys like Sonny Cumby, Graham Harrell, BJ Simmons, and Kliff Kingsbury at QB. His defenses were not good either. I figured Kliff would be an offensive coordinator in the NFL or college and then work his way back up to being a head coach again. My wife was a student at Tech when he was QB and loved that he was their head coach. Even she doesn’t understand this move.

Your username is fantastic

Who are the other college coaches to go from getting fired straight to an NFL gig without a season off? Did any of them come from middling programs like TTU? Wild that he got an NFL HC gig, just shows how desperate everyone is for the next McVay. 

I don't necessarily dislike the hire, high risk high reward, and at least you're getting a young QB guru who played the position to groom your potential franchise QB, and if he can't connect with Rosen, nobody can.

4 hours ago, Texans02 said:

The dissonance in this post makes my head spin. Texas is the single biggest talent pool for college football, period. TTU gets enough talent to win, especially in the weak Big 12. Each of the 3 coaches before Kingsbury had winning records, covering a 25 year span between them. Leach even went 11-2 one year. Kingsbury had 3 straight NFL QBs to run his offense, and he ran off a #1 overall draft pick in favor of a future NFL benchwarmer (but an NFL QB none the less).  

Maybe the NFL will indeed be better for Kingsbury. But he was an unmitigated failure at TTU, despite the school having a winning program for 25 years prior to his arrival.

Kool. My point is that his offenses (his area of expertise) have always been great or not? Have they always not been productive for the most part? So if he’s hired based on those merits then what’s the issue?

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

It's nowhere near as bad as Jim with a G. Aka Gim. 

Ahem.  Tad.  Not Thad, that's actually defensible.  Tad on the other hand is the wimpy kid on the playground with spindly limbs who wants to play with all the other kids but can't manage a single pull-up and curls empty soup can to build up his biceps.

Archived