Cardinals Hire Kliff Kingsburry as next Head Coach

49erurtaza

I don't know that much about college ball compared to a lot of people here, but I like the hire. Like someone else alluded to, it's a different era. You need a quality passing offense to be consistently dominant in the league. Perhaps Kingsbury wasn't so hot at Texas Tech record wise, but if he really is at the forefront of today's offensive direction then it can end up being brilliant move. How he leads an NFL team, and how his staff is assembled is going to be interesting. Also, how he communicates with players, and if they buy into his message even if the results aren't immediate. This hiring by the Cardinals does seem based off of the Bears and Rams having two young offensive minded coaches. But I don't see why that is a bad thing. You see another club having success, try to get your own guy. Josh Rosen was just drafted. His rookie campaign looked like a complete disaster, and the coaching staff wasn't doing him any favors. 

I will say though, I am biased in terms of offensive coaches. And I like the idea of fresh blood. Kingsbury also just looks the part: tall, young, speaks well, and handsome of course. Obviously the results will ultimately matter, but if I'm a Cardinals fan I'm excited with this development. 

Aside from being completely out of left field to me, after i assumed Kingsbury was off the NFL market...this seems like one of those moves that could be either absolutely brilliant and revive a disastrous offense...or it could be a calamitous experiment if his ideas don't flourish in the NFL and he can't find the right people around him.  Certainly an interesting hire at least...really seemed like he'd have to earn his stripes the old-fashioned way as an NFL OC proving his concepts work there first.  But i guess not.  Everyone's way too quick on the trigger to find the next McVay or Nagy.

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Taking credit for mahomes is stupid, he can run, throw the ball 80 yards, is accurate and a good guy that loves football. 

Sure he may have helped, but let's not pretend he made the man.

No crap. Judging by the hype surrounding this particular angle you would have thought Kingsbury had been training Mahomes first hand since he was in diapers.

Mahomes is the hot topic in the NFL right now and Kliff's name is associated with him so he gets all of the credit because the narrative sells and it sounds good.

Very interested to see how he does. Im a TTU alum and always have cheered for him as a player and coach. As a Jets fan I wanted him to be our next coach, but felt McCarthy is better suited for our job. McCarthy is my 1A and KK was my 1B. Will be for sure following how he does with Rosen and co.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Kool. My point is that his offenses (his area of expertise) have always been great or not? Have they always not been productive for the most part? So if he’s hired based on those merits then what’s the issue?

Based on his head coaching credentials, he was objectively bad in his only experience. As an OC, he would look pretty qualified.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No crap. Judging by the hype surrounding this particular angle you would have thought Kingsbury had been training Mahomes first hand since he was in diapers.

Mahomes is the hot topic in the NFL right now and Kliff's name is associated with him so he gets all of the credit because the narrative sells and it sounds good.

To add to this, he seemingly gets credit for Baker’s success, but I’m not sure why?

Dude played 5 games there as a true walk-on freshman, it’s not like he had time to develop him.  Kid came in ready to play.

On top of that he didn’t think enough of him to give him a scholarship once he had an up close look at him for an entire season.  This is a future Heisman winner and number one overall pick mind you.

How in the world does a guy who picked Davis Webb over Baker Mayfield and had Pat Mahomes at least make an appearance in the Big 12 championship?, how on earth do you have that much talent at QB, in a conference that plays zero defense, in a powerhouse recruiting state you not win more? Not sold at all on him

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To add to this, he seemingly gets credit for Baker’s success, but I’m not sure why?

Browns fans need to chill with Baker. I get it, you guys almost didn't have a losing record and that is a miracle but no one is giving Kliff credit for Baker. 

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Browns fans need to chill with Baker. I get it, you guys almost didn't have a losing record and that is a miracle but no one is giving Kliff credit for Baker. 

Wow, that’s defensive...

I know he’s no Rosen, but we like him.

I’m sure he’ll be great man, good luck.

I wouldn’t like him as an OC hire. It’s air raid. It doesn’t work in the NFL. And that’s the only offense he knows. As a player in college all the way until now. I thought he was an overrated hire for USC

People need to consider that McVay might just be special and there aren’t a bunch of young offensive geniuses growing on trees

Archived