Cardinals Hire Kliff Kingsburry as next Head Coach

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The idea is to build quickly behind a young QB while he is still on his rookie contract and bringing in a coach who you believe can help said QB get to the next level only speeds up this process beings that it is the most important position in football.  

If it don't work out, then you start over with someone else. 

True. That works with QBs on rookie deals...A-aron isn't. If anything GBs defense is why they struggled, no?

All the other positions have QB reset buttons attached. 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

True. That works with QBs on rookie deals...A-aron isn't. If anything GBs defense is why they struggled, no?

All the other positions have QB reset buttons attached. 

That's what makes things interesting in GB right now, yes.

I was referring more to Kingsbury/Rosen though. They're hoping to build something within the next few years.

9 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The people who hired and fired Wilks should have been fired too. They will be within the next 3 years IMO.

This is also why they are going for this hire.  Because a stable safe choice best case gets them to mediocrity.   Keim needs a big W this year and it’s not going to be in the W-L category.  Overhauling the O to where there is long term hope is the goal.   It’s not like a safe choice is getting that done.  If it fails then its no different if there is only a small improvement for Keim. It’s a big gamble but he needs a big W.  

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I can't really decide if this is a good thing or not.

I forgot all about Manziel and Keenum.

I'm also curious if he'll be calling plays on offense. Although I'm sure he'll address this in the presser.

If he's not then what the hell did they bring him in for

Archived