Preseason Game 3 vs Cincinnati: Discussion Thread

Woz

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Was bringing him back an option?  I thought he wanted to leave?

The fact is we probably didn't need him. Crowder here we have doctson we have Jordan and than we brought in Pryor our O will be explosive , people tend to forget it's just preseason.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Was bringing him back an option?  I thought he wanted to leave?

Unless I'm mistaken they were still negotiating with his agent up until the last day. They were $3M short per season of Tampa Bays offer. It was an insulting offer lol

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Unless I'm mistaken they were still negotiating with his agent up until the last day. They were $3M short per season of Tampa Bays offer. It was an insulting offer lol

Well see how he does.  Once his speed goes he will be worthless, and he's 30 now.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well see how he does.  Once his speed goes he will be worthless, and he's 30 now.

I agree but if we got him on a three year deal I think we would've been fine. I guess it won't matter because we won't have a QB next year anyway. 

On 8/23/2017 at 8:06 PM, turtle28 said:

Should be another challenging game for 1st team our offense and defense. Cincy is a legit team, they'll challenge again for the AFCN crown along with Bmore & Pitt.

Its definitely going to be a huge game for our OL and running game again as well all know. I hope Perine shines again.

Hopefully Cousins looks sharper than he looked Week 1 or 2. I'll be definitely paying close attention to the DL & the safeties once again to see who stands out. I expect our young guys once again will flash and Taylor but I'm more worried about our vets showing something. 

Cincinnati is not that legit. They are going through some struggles on defense and considering they play in that division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, they are not a lock. Their running game has some issues and without A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert, that passing game will have problems against better pass defending teams. Of course not us. 

4 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Cincinnati is not that legit. They are going through some struggles on defense and considering they play in that division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, they are not a lock. Their running game has some issues and without A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert, that passing game will have problems against better pass defending teams. Of course not us. 

I didn't say they were "legit." I said they'll be in the mix in the AFCN. Baltimore is a huge ? On offense especially w/ Flacew's back injury. Cincy has 3 running backs that would start on many teams. If Eifert stays healthy they're a handful.

Yes, their D has some issues but they're a better version of the skins on offense - minus the LTs & TE - and on defense. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

I didn't say they were "legit." I said they'll be in the mix in the AFCN. Baltimore is a huge ? On offense especially w/ Flacew's back injury. Cincy has 3 running backs that would start on many teams. If Eifert stays healthy they're a handful.

Yes, their D has some issues but they're a better version of the skins on offense - minus the LTs & TE - and on defense. 

Jeremy Hil has been talked about being cut if Mixon performs well. Bernard is used as a 3rd down or transition back. The fact they drafted Joe Mixon, clearly means they are not happy with their running game. 

Their offensive line is porrous and any good defensive line will give them a lot of problems. I just think they are really overhyped and people rely on their past for what they are now. Just nto aas good. 

16 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Jeremy Hil has been talked about being cut if Mixon performs well. Bernard is used as a 3rd down or transition back. The fact they drafted Joe Mixon, clearly means they are not happy with their running game. 

Their offensive line is porrous and any good defensive line will give them a lot of problems. I just think they are really overhyped and people rely on their past for what they are now. Just nto aas good. 

Baltimore has more problems other than their D. Pitt has questions w/ corner depth. I think Bengals are at worst an 8 win team which means they'll be in the mix. Of course if they have a major injury on O that will hurt them. Remember before Dalton went down last year they were rolling and still should have beaten Pitt in the playoffs w/ McCarron as their Qb. Yes, they lost their LT and that's a huge loss but I just don't think they're that much worse off.

Archived