WSH Coach Changes: O'Connell to OC/Rob Ryan (yes him) to LBs coach

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I thought Gray did a good job. If Manusky stays this is officially the dumbest franchise in all of sports. 

Lol I know, out of all the position coaches we have he was one of the few I could actually name.  

Its going to be tough to sign a quality DC with Gruden and Allen's potential firing being held over their head all season.  

Here's what I would do to try to bring in someone good:

1. Tell them they can hire whatever position coaches they want.  

2. Give them defensive playcalling duties. 

3. Tell them we'll add another defensive player with one of our top 2 picks in the draft.  

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I thought Gray did a good job. If Manusky stays this is officially the dumbest franchise in all of sports. 

It could be argued that Torian Gray didn't do enough to control DJ Swearinger. Not saying I agree with that, but there's an argument to be made there. 

Of course, if Gruden or Allen had talked to DJ more forcefully about his public comments, DJ may still be on our roster bc he would have known his boundaries and not said what he said publicly. 

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Its going to be tough to sign a quality DC with Gruden and Allen's potential firing being held over their head all season.  

Here's what I would do to try to bring in someone good:

1. Tell them they can hire whatever position coaches they want.  

2. Give them defensive playcalling duties. 

3. Tell them we'll add another defensive player with one of our top 2 picks in the draft.  

That is about it, but even then, how can you sell relocating your family to the NOVA area, which is an expensive move, when Gruden is on the hot seat and you could be moving on in another year anyway.  It's a really tough sell.  

I would rate Gray and Tom Sula as top five coaches at their position, both are great at developing players and have worked nothing into something for their entire careers.  To see Gray kicked to the curb because an incompetent DC (not just for us, but for multiple teams) wanted it is disgusting. 

Archived