WSH Coach Changes: O'Connell to OC/Rob Ryan (yes him) to LBs coach

MikeT14

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If we did that at the time, it would've been another Bruce Allen/McCloughan or Allen/Lafemina disaster all over again, and yet another black eye for the Redskins and another reason (on a pretty long list) why legitimate head coaching candidates will continue to refuse to interview here.  

Of course, this is also assuming McVay would take the job if offered to him.  From what other posters have said in this forum, that wasn't going to be the case.  

It would have been a disaster because they are the Redskins! It wouldn't have been a disaster if this was a competent organisation. McVay tured Goff into a guy leading the Rams possibly to the SuperBowl. Even if the Saints win, you know you better watch out for the Rams offense for years to come. Scott brought a pressense of winning coming from Seattle and Greenbay. This franchis seems to mess up alot of things on their own oppose to things just not working out the way it should. That's the reason why people want Allen and Snyder out. 

6 hours ago, Slateman said:

McVay would have failed here. LA was a great place because of the talented roster, ownership group, and low expectations. 

As you mentioned Ownership. Bruce and Sydner running this organization is whats hurting it more than anything. You have guys in power to hire people who can bring a Superbowl but they seem to just want guys who suck up and kiss butt. Having proper ownership with McVay as HC and Scott as GM would not be a bad combo in my opinion. Maybe Kirk signs for less or Scott as the GM finds a way to trade Cousins and get McVay the guy he wants. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sheesh this is getting bad lol. You can’t fire your DC because nobody else will take the job. This is sad. I keep hoping the NFL will intervene at some point. I cannot imagine them being happy with the way this team is being run. 

Do you really think the league cares? Look how long the Browns had been bad? Nobody intervened and made their Owner sell the team. What would make this different? I do agree this is truly sad and I hope next year is the breaking point making Snyder fire Bruce. Guys don't even want to get paid to come work for you? That says alot and fans are starting to see it. It's affecting Dans pockets and name, maybe the fan in him comes out and he hires someone to help Doug Williams get things turned around. 

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

It would have been a disaster because they are the Redskins! It wouldn't have been a disaster if this was a competent organisation. McVay tured Goff into a guy leading the Rams possibly to the SuperBowl. Even if the Saints win, you know you better watch out for the Rams offense for years to come. Scott brought a pressense of winning coming from Seattle and Greenbay. This franchis seems to mess up alot of things on their own oppose to things just not working out the way it should. That's the reason why people want Allen and Snyder out. 

They won't let anyone install a winning culture.  It's never been more clear than after the short term of Brian Lafemina.  

Archived