WSH Coach Changes: O'Connell to OC/Rob Ryan (yes him) to LBs coach

MikeT14

On 1/17/2019 at 9:17 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

If there is anything that Daniel Snyder does with the Redskins, it's doubling down on mediocrity.  

No no, the Redskins aspire to reach mediocrity under Snyder.

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How does one consider an upgrade from Torrian Gray?  His resume speaks for itself, and after Florida lost one of the best DB coach and recruiters to UGA, put the full-court press on Gray.  That should tell you how highly regarded the man is.  

Lol they let a quality DB coach go because Manusky needs someone to make him suck less.  They could of just fired Manusky.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol they let a quality DB coach go because Manusky needs someone to make him suck less.  They could of just fired Manusky.  

And likely would have gone down in quality at the DC.

Yes, down from Manusky.

11 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

So we’re down scraping together a staff from a pile of guys who can’t get a job, because no coach worth having is willing to work for the Dan, Bruce and Jay clown show. 

FYI we apparently interviewed DeAngelo Hall for the gig. 

14 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

So we’re down scraping together a staff from a pile of guys who can’t get a job, because no coach worth having is willing to work for the Dan, Bruce and Jay clown show. 

Yeah, this guy who has been an NFL DC for the past decade or so and who won 2 SBs while serving as the DB coach for Dick LeBeau — quite the desperation hire as our DB coach. We would have had the much better and more qualified coach had we stuck with the guy who ended up as a college cornerbacks coach. 

I like the Horton hire. He did some great things with that Steelers secondary. And as I said in the other thread, I like the idea of a “passing defense coordinator” who can add some coverage scheme expertise to the duo of Manusky and Tomsula that is certainly more front seven oriented. 

Archived