WSH Coach Changes: O'Connell to OC/Rob Ryan (yes him) to LBs coach

MikeT14

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Then who cares who the coordinator is, right? Keep the guys we have forever. 

The chances of another defense having three Hall of Famers on it is extremely slim.  That Ravens defense for years, and still does, succeeds with a turnstile of coordinators because they have a pipeline of player development through the draft. 

Gruden won't hire Kubiak, too much of a threat to his job. Cavanaugh will remain the OC, Callahan will also have some roll there and O’Connell will remain the OC in waiting.

I don't know why ppl think the Redskins are going to make major coaching changes, it just ain't going to happen. And it doesn't shock me at all that they fired arguably their best defensive coach, Torian Gray. Just days before ppl were discussing if Manusky should be fired and either Gray or Tomsula being made the defensive coordinator. Lol 😆 

I think only one person said something about Kubiak, and the story out there is that the Broncos wanted to see if their new coach wanted him on their staff, but even though he and Fangio couldn't come to an agreement, the Broncos still have Kubiak under contract in their front office.  

I don't think the OC role was ever in any question because, outside of one year of McVay (and my guess it was to keep him on staff) Gruden has always called plays, and he is heavily involved in developing the weekly gameplan.  If anything, OC is an irrelevant position on our coaching staff.  

Also, Gray's firing has not been confirmed. 

It's interesting that reports have stated coaches want out, yet they are not willing to just up and leave. They want to be let go, understandably, to get full contract price. 

What sucks with this strategy, this team misses out on any good talent that could come in and be corrupted by this ownership and, all, not just football, but all operations overseen by the worst business mind on the planet. And Bruce Allen doesn't fall far from that logic either. 

In any busines, if you cannot produce a profitable product and there is no consumer interest in the product your business has developed, you get rid of the personnel and bring in competent ones. Unless....

...you are the Redskins. They promote people for poor performance. I cannot imagine the team ended up in the black at the end of the season. Some of the marketing campaigns were the best I had seen in years, all due to Lafemina and his group. Of course, Allen felt threatened he was not getting credit and thus, all fired. 

Sick. I LOVE this team and the fans that I interact with, but everything is so nonchalantly done with no sense of urgency to produce a winning product. 

What's next? Bruce Allen takes over head coaching duties next season...wouldn't put it past Snyder and his corporate goons. 

UGA has a defensive backs coach availability and I'd love to see Torrian Gray on staff, especially to expand his recruiting reach for us into the DC Metro Area. 

I also agree 100% on the marketing programs.  The #wehail campaign was a huge success, and everything they did marketing-wise played off of it.  It made you feel like a community once again (for those that are left.) . 

35 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

UGA has a defensive backs coach availability and I'd love to see Torrian Gray on staff, especially to expand his recruiting reach for us into the DC Metro Area. 

I also agree 100% on the marketing programs.  The #wehail campaign was a huge success, and everything they did marketing-wise played off of it.  It made you feel like a community once again (for those that are left.) . 

I can't link it, but you all should google about why the "We Hail" campaign was suspended. And I'm going to be completely honest, I buy it, because it sounded weird to me too.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I can't link it, but you all should google about why the "We Hail" campaign was suspended. And I'm going to be completely honest, I buy it, because it sounded weird to me too.

I tried to Google it twice, didn't come up with any answers.  Feel free to PM me.  Personally, it was likely suspended because it was all Lafemina's stuff.  Bruce Allen is about ready to turn around just about everything that Lafemina did, starting with the we hail program.  It was on the Redskins website, on the ticket website, plastered over the stadium and involved in all of the jumbotron stuff.  

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/13/bruce-allens-stranglehold-redskins-tightens-brian-/

I assume this is the article from Washington times.

Archived