Out of all the FF Team Forums We're Currently 4th in Total Posts

MKnight82

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Another thing that happens here that I've noticed when you guys are forced to lock threads, is that everyone seems to go into hiding for 36-72 hours.  Hardly any threads get created, and those that are here don't get too many posts in the threads that are here.  Its really weird, and something I haven't seen before, but it goes to the thing they are asking- stick to the rules and don't get threads locked.  

I have to leave for at least half a day, if not a few days if I get bombarded too much for my dissenting opinions bc if I don’t it will start to affect me too much and my personal life. Plus, I’ll probably write something I don’t mean like I did once, which led to me being suspended for a month. 

Also, Mknight blocking me doesn’t help the forum activity, bc instead of him seeing someone who usually disagrees with him and we’ll discuss issues for days, weeks, months and years, he’s mostly seeing every post he agrees with in the forum. It’s like he went Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen! Lol 😂

... I don’t agree with Turtle, so I’ll just block him and ignore him and just keep yes men around.

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Another thing that happens here that I've noticed when you guys are forced to lock threads, is that everyone seems to go into hiding for 36-72 hours.  Hardly any threads get created, and those that are here don't get too many posts in the threads that are here.  Its really weird, and something I haven't seen before, but it goes to the thing they are asking- stick to the rules and don't get threads locked.  

To be honest, I believe it's because Thai and I generally take a light hand around here. If we were more militant, the rest of you all would probably roll with it. However (speaking for myself, but I suspect Thai would agree with me), we don't want to do that because it's miserable for both you guys and us. Remember, at our core, Thai and I are fans of this team and we love talking about it with intelligent posters. We don't want to have to be the heavies. That's not what we signed on for.

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Curious as to where we ranked in he past few years. I’ve been coming on here on and off for about 10 years and there’s definately some hotter seasons than others

Prior to the new forum software, Washington was top half of the team forums (want to say 12-15 range). We've been significantly more active with the new software (or other teams have been significantly less).

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Nah philly was #1 for awhile.  Weird they actually seemed to have less activity after their SB.  Green Bay forum has exploded.

Back in the old system, Green Bay was usually the biggest forum (Minnesota was #2 or #3).

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So what Woz's post tells me is that, while our population isn't necessarily among the highest, we are very vocal. I think that's a good thing.

Hence why I said you guys got to bring your friends along! :D

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Could be it's a misery loves company thing . :P

Unfortunately, we've got plenty to spare ...

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Prior to the new forum software, Washington was top half of the team forums (want to say 12-15 range). We've been significantly more active with the new software (or other teams have been significantly less).

Back in the old system, Green Bay was usually the biggest forum (Minnesota was #2 or #3).

The Philly guys switched in bulk to the new website quite early.  

edit - Woz I think you and I were the first Redskins fans on the new site.  Thai was aware of it but was busy with real life at the time I believe.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

The Philly guys switched in bulk to the new website quite early.  

edit - Woz I think you and I were the first Redskins fans on the new site.  Thai was aware of it but was busy with real life at the time I believe.  

Us mods got transferred over before the doors opened for the general public (hence I have user ID 87 and Thai has 88), but your user ID of 150 is pretty low (joined 3 days after the mod transfer occurred). :)

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I think the ability to post on a GDT using nothing but .gifs has made a HUGE impact in our participation rates

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Us mods got transferred over before the doors opened for the general public (hence I have user ID 87 and Thai has 88), but your user ID of 150 is pretty low (joined 3 days after the mod transfer occurred). :)

That switch was weird.  Post counts transferred over, but not the old posts themselves.  Though I imagine that database was old, and from a software that probably didn't translate all that well to IPB.  

Archived