GDT - Divisional Round vs. Indianapolis

KC_Guy

Kansas-City-Chiefs-cheerleaders-AP756758

Stealing this pic from the other thread.

The old nemesis - the Chiefs never won a playoff game against Indianapolis. However, checking the media, general consensus seems to be the Chiefs have the edge here.

Good news from the injury front: obviously all of the wounded warriors (Ware, Berry, Watkins) practiced today. O'Daniel on the other hand was sidelined.
No word on LDT or Watts so far, but a decision is looming. If I remember correctly a player can be activated from IR two weeks after he started practicising - which would be this week for LDT.

In other news: The coaching carousel is spinning at high speed. Looks like Green Bay (LaFleur), Arizona (Kingsbury), Tampa Bay (Arians), Denver (Fangio), Jets (Gase), and Cleveland (Kitchens) are set. That leaves Miami and Cincinnati open, and both interviewed Bieniemy. I consider him the more critical compared to Toub, as continous changes at the OC position at some point may have an impact on the players. And right now I don't see anyone being able to take over from within. Well, Mike Kafka may be someone to watch in the future, but with just 2 years of NFL coaching experience (Offensive Quality Control 2017, QB Coach 2018) I think he lacks a bit of experience. 

Guess it will be a tough game, and I expect a high score if the weather is fine.

Updated wrt the Bieniemy situation.

Two hot teams, two great QB's. Chiefs at home, hard to beat. Colts O-line, best in the NFL at this time. Chiefs pass rush better, Colts defense better.

So many ways this game could go, but past has nothing to do with this season. 

If the Chiefs LBs come to play and make tackles in the gaps I think they win this game quite easily. They cannot allow Indy to run the ball at all or they will have a tough time. That being said, Indy hasn't seen a real offense since early in the season and they really struggle against TE's. Could be a good omen for Kelce, who should be set for a monster afternoon.

I expect the offense to put up 35, hopefully the defense can hold up. Chiefs are much better at home on the defensive side, giving up 18 PPG instead of 34.5 on the road. SOS helped that though tbf.

37 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Weatherman in Springfield, MO is expecting cold and wet starting friday.

In KC they're expecting high in the low 30s with flurries around kickoff. It could be raining or snowing though but cold for sure. This plays well for us since Indy is use to playing in a dome, playing 10 of their 17 games indoors including 4 out of the last 5.

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

If the Chiefs LBs come to play and make tackles in the gaps I think they win this game quite easily.

Considering the Chiefs are facing the most physically dominating o-line in the NFL, that might be bit of a challenge. 

1 hour ago, Herm the Squirm said:

If I'm being honest, I'm freaking terrified. That last playoff against them still stings. But we have a Mahomes now and hopefully he can be the difference maker.

If Sammy Watkins plays it could be huge. He really opens up our offense.

Of course I want my Colts to win, but if you guys get the W....I'm pulling for you the rest of the way. I like how your team/franchise is built. Ballard is a gem (thank you). Nothing but respect for you.....well, except for about 25% of those posting on Chiefs Planet. 

PM is ridiculously talented. 

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

for now, i consider EB to be "dead weight" on this team. we need to just get along without him

I feel like it would've been better off if he got surgery to fix his "deformity" back when it first started affecting him and he'd probably would've been back weeks ago by now.

When they said it's all about pain management, I lost some sympathy (right or wrong) for his "ailment".

16 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Of course I want my Colts to win, but if you guys get the W....I'm pulling for you the rest of the way. I like how your team/franchise is built. Ballard is a gem (thank you). Nothing but respect for you.....well, except for about 25% of those posting on Chiefs Planet. 

PM is ridiculously talented. 

we just need a more recent SB win and from then on we will prob all be more chill and content.

Since mid season I’ve only heard 3 “national sports” people talk up the Colts and all 3 work for NFL Network. Chris Wesseling, Kay Adams and Kyle Brandt. All of a sudden everyone is jumping on the Colts bandwagon and it terrifies me that we’ll get our butts handed to us thanks to the jinxing. 

I think the first quarter is going to set the tone. This could be a re-enactment of the Chiefs-Rams shootout or one team is going to set an insurmountable lead. 

I am glad you like Colt kickers. It seems fitting since we already have a But(t kic)ker.

The weather is supposed to be mid-30s with the possibility of snow. Snow overnight may make field conditions perfect. Let's not forget who the ground keepers are.

J

13 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Since mid season I’ve only heard 3 “national sports” people talk up the Colts and all 3 work for NFL Network. Chris Wesseling, Kay Adams and Kyle Brandt. All of a sudden everyone is jumping on the Colts bandwagon and it terrifies me that we’ll get our butts handed to us thanks to the jinxing. 

I think the first quarter is going to set the tone. This could be a re-enactment of the Chiefs-Rams shootout or one team is going to set an insurmountable lead. 

scoreless last game in the 2nd half.  This KC team doesn't quit like past KC teams.  I think we exorcise some demons this year.

Archived