GDT - Divisional Round vs. Indianapolis

KC_Guy

Stop Mack, fill running lanes, and drop a little deeper with backers, and we should be ok.  He'll throw it up for a couple picks if we keep him contained and keep pressure on him.  Patrick will come up big with his legs Sat.

It's already snowing and it's snowing HARD. This morning they said it wouldn't start until 8pm but it began around 1pm. It's been updated to 3-8 inches of snow (range between 3 stations). I think it'll be on the higher end.

An article from January of last year had these facts:

The home team in cold vs warm/dome matchups has won 76% of games over the last decade, identical with the 76% from 1978 to 2007.

The average result in the last decade has seen the home team win by 9.1 points when the average point spread was 7.1, a 2 point difference. For the previous thirty years, the average was the home team winning by 11.4 points, even though the average point spread was smaller, resulting in the home team outperforming the spread by 5.4 points.

This one feels different. We've won games this year (first Denver game, Baltimore, probably 1-2 others I'm forgetting) that we never would have won with previous QBs. Mahomes seems to have a clutch factor, which is something the Chiefs have lacked since basically always.

I'm hopelessly optimistic. For hopefully not the last time.

3 hours ago, Centurion said:

This one feels different. We've won games this year (first Denver game, Baltimore, probably 1-2 others I'm forgetting) that we never would have won with previous QBs. Mahomes seems to have a clutch factor, which is something the Chiefs have lacked since basically always.

It does feel different. This year we're 12-4 and think we should have been 14-2. Before we were 11-5 and thought we were more 9-7. 

The weatherman has the snow slowing around noon but not stopping until dark. This grounds crew will deliver a good field for kickoff but the second half could be messy. IF only we were a strike early sort of team. :ph34r:;)

J

I keep hearing about how the Chiefs don't have a good enough defense to win in the post season and defense wins championships.

Top 10 scoring defenses this year:

1. Bears, LOST wild card

2. Ravens, LOST wild card

3. Titans, failed to make playoffs

4 (T). Texans, LOST wild card

4 (T). Jaguars, failed to make playoffs

6. Cowboys, won wild card vs #11 defense

7. Patriots, bye week

8. Chargers, won wild card vs #2 defense

9. Vikings, failed to make playoffs

10. Colts, won wild card vs #4 defense

Have faith.

8 hours ago, Centurion said:

I don't know if I feel optimistic, but I do feel somewhat...unconcerned? If we lose I'm not worried about it being some big statement on the team's future or anything. In the past it's felt like we had a short shelf life during the years we peaked. Going from vet QB to vet QB always meant that time was short. We knew Montana was a quick rental. 03 was really the only chance we had with Green. Cassel made the playoffs once. Smith made it consistently, but it always kind of felt like each loss confirmed we wouldn't make it with him. This time, even if we lose, I find it to be less dooming because we'll have a decade worth of chances ahead of us. And this team is flawed, despite it's talents, so I could easily see us having better rosters around Mahomes in the future.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't know if I feel optimistic, but I do feel somewhat...unconcerned? If we lose I'm not worried about it being some big statement on the team's future or anything. In the past it's felt like we had a short shelf life during the years we peaked. Going from vet QB to vet QB always meant that time was short. We knew Montana was a quick rental. 03 was really the only chance we had with Green. Cassel made the playoffs once. Smith made it consistently, but it always kind of felt like each loss confirmed we wouldn't make it with him. This time, even if we lose, I find it to be less dooming because we'll have a decade worth of chances ahead of us. And this team is flawed, despite it's talents, so I could easily see us having better rosters around Mahomes in the future.

I'd love to be able to feel that way, and although I feel like we're on the up n up with Mahomes too, I'm so tired of the one and done stuff. Especially to this Colts team. I wanna see wins in the postseason

Archived