Bruce Arians is our new head coach!! Todd Bowles at DC!!

bucsfan333

33 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Every part of the team is geared to be aggressive, that wasn t the case with the last coaching staff.  It s going to be a wild ride.  Some WTF moments, but hopefully a lot more holy crap moments.  

Maybe Jameis will go full Favre.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe Jameis will go full Favre.

Tje Jameis question for me is incomplete when you look as the team as a whole.  If a team scores 30 plus in a game, they should win more then they lose.  Not this team 

I get why people are hyper critical of him because of the off field.  To say he is a bust is just really silly.  Arians knows just a litte more about QBs then most people. 😉

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Tje Jameis question for me is incomplete when you look as the team as a whole.  If a team scores 30 plus in a game, they should win more then they lose.  Not this team 

I get why people are hyper critical of him because of the off field.  To say he is a bust is just really silly.  Arians knows just a litte more about QBs then most people. 😉

I actually just saw a stat about Joe Montana. He was 84-1 in games he scored at least 25 points. Which is insane. I get different eras and all that.

I'd bet Jameis is .500, at best, in games he scores 28 or more.

42 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I actually just saw a stat about Joe Montana. He was 84-1 in games he scored at least 25 points. Which is insane. I get different eras and all that.

I'd bet Jameis is .500, at best, in games he scores 28 or more.

Jameis is 8-7 when he scores 28+.  You were really close.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

"People are hyper critical of him because of the off thee field"... let's be real here... Winston does a lot of stupid things on the field. Winston forces throws into coverage he has no business throwing into. He has a decent arm but he doesn't have Rodgers or Stafford type arm talent. His deep ball for most of his career has been hot trash. Some decisions he makes when he's under pressure are mind boggling as well. Mid season wasn't Bortles the only Qb ahead of Winston in interceptions since they've been in the league? He throws aren't always tight either. Flutter around more than I would like.

Does he have the heart and drive to get where he wants to... it seems like it. The yardage is there stat wise. He has had plenty of nice scrambles (even though it looks like he running on ice). Mentally he he doesn't fear the moment. 

The hope is going into year five is that BA can coach him up and cancel most of the negatives out of his game.

19 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

"People are hyper critical of him because of the off thee field"... let's be real here... Winston does a lot of stupid things on the field. Winston forces throws into coverage he has no business throwing into. He has a decent arm but he doesn't have Rodgers or Stafford type arm talent. His deep ball for most of his career has been hot trash. Some decisions he makes when he's under pressure are mind boggling as well. Mid season wasn't Bortles the only Qb ahead of Winston in interceptions since they've been in the league? He throws aren't always tight either. Flutter around more than I would like.

Does he have the heart and drive to get where he wants to... it seems like it. The yardage is there stat wise. He has had plenty of nice scrambles (even though it looks like he running on ice). Mentally he he doesn't fear the moment. 

The hope is going into year five is that BA can coach him up and cancel most of the negatives out of his game.

I wish you would have added "I get why" to my quote.  I 'll just write it is not an easy answer when it was determined by some not all, the guy is a bust.  I m grateful for the coaching change.  I don t want to hear from the OC or HC, you know our best play in the playbook is the scramble drill.  I guess that answer would be correct if a coach believed their LT and RG were actually competent.  

We 'll see what happens going forward, but I m optimistic because BA wanted to come to Tampa because of the QB.  Did he get a fat check to do so? Absolutely, but a guy who is 66 is not coming unless he has a darn good chance to win.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wish you would have added "I get why" to my quote.  I 'll just write it is not an easy answer when it was determined by some not all, the guy is a bust.  I m grateful for the coaching change.  I don t want to hear from the OC or HC, you know our best play in the playbook is the scramble drill.  I guess that answer would be correct if a coach believed their LT and RG were actually competent.  

We 'll see what happens going forward, but I m optimistic because BA wanted to come to Tampa because of the QB.  Did he get a fat check to do so? Absolutely, but a guy who is 66 is not coming unless he has a darn good chance to win.

BA said yesterday he thinks the turnaround in Tampa will be easier than AZ...

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

SR is not afraid to give an opinion about a controversisl subject, whether I agree or disagree I respect him for his presentation of his opinion.  

I enjoyed the nugget on Evans and VHIII

Good read. Agreed on Evans and VH3. It will be interesting if the organization views Hunt as SR does. If they do and we indeed sign him, is the potential distraction and backlash worth a player who won’t even be available to us for half the season or more? One more way to look at it I guess.

31 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

SR is not afraid to give an opinion about a controversisl subject, whether I agree or disagree I respect him for his presentation of his opinion.  

I enjoyed the nugget on Evans and VHIII

It might be that I'm still excited about the new coaching staff, but this is my favorite Fab 5 in a while.

There's the assistant HC title. Makes sense since he gave the OC title to Leftwich and gave Bowles the entire defense. Arians is doing a good job of rewarding his coaching staff so far.

He's got A LOT of guys to work with. I appreciate that he's spreading the love around.

Archived