Bruce Arians is our new head coach!! Todd Bowles at DC!!

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've got coaches for days. We've got a CB coach and a safety coach. We've got an OLB coach and a MLB coach. We've got an OT coach and an iOL coach. We've essentially got three OCs. We've essentially got two QB coaches.

This is nuts. 😂

Succession plan within the staff is actually genius.   If the ship gets turned around, suddenly the assistants are in demand for promotion.  I doubt BA will block his assistants from promotion.  So his replacement is already on staff and knows the culture already.  New assistants want to work in Tampa because there is winning and they can work for a boss who won t block their career aspirations.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Succession plan within the staff is actually genius.   If the ship gets turned around, suddenly the assistants are in demand for promotion.  I doubt BA will block his assistants from promotion.  So his replacement is already on staff and knows the culture already.  New assistants want to work in Tampa because there is winning and they can work for a boss who won t block their career aspirations.  

BA has said multiple times throughout his career that part of his job is to coach coaches and get them ready to be head coaches some day. 

You can clearly and obviously see why he's pretty universally loved by everyone.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

BA has said multiple times throughout his career that part of his job is to coach coaches and get them ready to be head coaches some day. 

You can clearly and obviously see why he's pretty universally loved by everyone.

Yup, SF blocking guys left and right, doesn t create a great working environment.  With this staff, everyone is on the same page.  It doesn t guarantee success, but it does help achieve it.  

How he handled Goodwin and Leftwich was brilliant.  He believes Leftwich is the better play caller and HC material.  He sees Goodwin as a leader so he makes him Oline coach and Assistant HC. Essentially Goodwin is BA top lieutenant.  Much like Marinelli in Tampa, aasistant HC and dline coach. He wont block Goodwin from HC opportunities like Allen did with Marinelli.  If Bucs become winners, Goodwin gets HC interviews and he busts his arse while he is here because BA is giving him opportunity for advancement.

The thing I like about this class of coaches is that they're from all over. Sure, they've all worked with Arians at some point. But they're from the college ranks, from Arizona, from Indy, from Pittsburgh, from Atlanta. His tree is huge and obviously successful enough to coach beyond just under Arians. They're not just friends of his he's calling up and begging to join his staff.

This is exciting.

I stole this from somewhere in PR.com  but its a list of the coaches atm on the squad.

OFFENSE

Offensive Coordinator/Passing game coordinator – Byron Leftwich
Wide Receivers Coach – Kevin Garver
Assistant Wide Receivers – vacant
Quarterbacks – Clyde Christensen
Offensive Line – Joe Gilbert
Assistant Offensive Line – vacant
Running Backs – Todd McNair
Tight Ends – Rick Christophel
Offensive Quality Control – vacant

DEFENSE

Defensive Coordinator – Todd Bowles
Defensive Line – vacant (?)
Assistant Defensive Line – vacant
Inside Linebackers – Mike Caldwell
Outside Linebackers – Larry Foote
Cornerbacks – Kevin Ross
Safeties – Nick Rapone
Defensive Quality Control – vacant
Defensive Assistant – vacant

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special Teams Coordinator – Keith Armstrong
Assistant Special Teams/Kicking –Chris Boniol
Head Strength and Conditioning – vacant
Assistant Strength and Conditioning – vacant
Assistant Strength and Conditioning – vacant

I’m ready to get the season rolling, or at least the scouting combine and free agency. Only PC we still haven’t had is Leftwich, which I’d like to see so hopefully that’s coming soon. If this staff can’t win with this team no one will. That’s both exciting and nerve wracking as a fan. 

Archived